Forums Latest Members
  1. jshaw083 Jan 29, 2019

Hi all,

Thank you in advanced for any responses! Looking into a 168.005. I'm just curious, I've seen most of these models with either onyx markers. When I've seen lume, it's usually tritium, with the "Swiss Made T" at the 6 o'clock. The following (apologise for picture quality) doesn't have either obvious onyx or the "Swiss Made T" at 6 o'clock. The lume seems to have aged to a light green, which I've seen more often with tritium. Did any of the earlier models have tritium without the indicative "T"?

Do you guys have any concerns with the originality? Also appears to be some corrosion, particularly at 12 o'clock...

Constellation 2.JPG Constellation 3.JPG Constellation.JPG

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2019

Omega didn’t start using the “T” for tritium until 1963. This watch may have been made before then. I also think that the lume may have been refreshed at some point.

You will need to take it to a watchmaker and have it opened to get the case reference and movement serial number.

Also, not all dials had onyx markers. Yours looks OK to me, although the crystal could use a polishing.

Nice watch.
    gatorcpa

jshaw083 and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. jshaw083 Jan 29, 2019

Thanks @gatorcpa ! Lume refreshed with tritium lume? Or does it look like it was replaced with some non-original stuff? Usually if the lume has been re-done, in my experience they look very very green (almost lime green)

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2019

Don’t know. Could be.
    gatorcpa

jshaw083 likes this.