Forums Latest Members
  1. xalana Apr 28, 2014

Hi! I have been searching all around about this watch and I could not find anything about it. Could you please help me and advise if it is the real thing? Thank you very much! Highly appreciated in advance! Omega2.png Omega.png Omega3.png

2. alvaropinto Apr 28, 2014

Hi there,
    I don't think this is the right thread for this but here it goes:
    Looks like an omega with the calibre 30T1 or just 30(that's very rare), with sweep seconds. The seconds hand is missing but otherwise looks in great shape. A closer pic of the movement would help identifying it better.
    Cheers!

3. alvaropinto Apr 28, 2014

4. mac_omega Apr 28, 2014

Why do you think it might be a cal. 30 or 30 T1 ? I can´t see any hint for this...

IMO it is a simple Cal. 30 T2

5. alvaropinto Apr 28, 2014

well, the pictures aren't clear enough.It just looked an earlier model but according to the case serial it is in fact a 30T2.

6. lovevintageomega Apr 28, 2014

7. Hijak Apr 28, 2014

I don't believe it is. Case is a little beat up and pitted and looks like case back gasket missing too.

8. Spike Apr 30, 2014

I've been looking at this and far from being any sort of expert, noticed that the gasket seal looks to be missing which certainly throws into doubt that the watch has been recently serviced as claimed by the seller, surely this would have been replaced during that claimed service?

I know it goes without saying that claims of watches being serviced should be taken with a pinch of salt when you don't know the integrity of the seller but having recently bought a watch to wear on a regular basis from a reputable seller which was advertised as "freshly overhauled by our master watchmaker", the watch ran like a dog, gaining and then losing at least 5 mins a day.

I guess unless there is a service guarantee supplied with any watch bought, we should all factor in the need/cost for at least 'a once over' on any purchases by our watchmakers................stating the obvious I suppose!

Alpha likes this.
  9. stef2010 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 30, 2014

well i take it .... we'll see what happens when I received the watch :)

Edited by a mod Jun 1, 2023