Forums Latest Members

Quarantine musings and Hats off

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 4, 2021

Hats off to Bethany, Michael, Ming and Brody the unsung hero’s

Have been doing 10 days quarantine and due to hotel not doing room service I have had to rely on everything delivered.

What can’t you get delivered nowadays, food, groceries, coffee, alcohol

Thanks for all the guys that are out and about whilst I’m locked down. The Doctors and nurses are good but all the other people that make the world tick that aren’t doctors and nurses :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Musing, ummm nothing like a few (a lot) of scotches and a pizza knowing you don’t have to leave your hotel for another 5 days :p:p:p

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 4, 2021

And another 14 days when you get back Andy?

STANDY likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 4, 2021

And you're right about the people behind the scenes, without them we'd be stuffed.

If only the governments (Aussie ones) that hire COVID security personnel would exclude "contractors" and pay a decent rate for people to work solely in a specific quarantine facility we'd probably have an even better outcome here.

nzshadow, rhetoric and marco like this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 4, 2021

Yup....actually was down your way last week for 5 hours when my flight to Sydney was cancelled. 23:45 to 05:00 though

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 4, 2021

I think I need a cat....

6. ConElPueblo Feb 5, 2021

Feeling peckish?

Archer, STANDY and wagudc like this.
  7. eternalover Feb 5, 2021

So wish gb had made a serious effort at border control.
    Instead we have the clowns in charge telling us there is no evidence it would have helped and then stats like: COVID cases traced to France Italy and Spain at some points accounting for 30% or so between them.
    Last year in our county, school half term trips went to ITALY skiing. Guess what they brought back! Cheltenham races went ahead.....
    100s of years of basic knowledge ignored, and casual travel continued.
    Meanwhile my boss in western Aus says no one is wearing a mask cos it is under control.

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 5, 2021

Didn't you mean to post this in the "Why I’ll Never Buy or Wear a Rolex" bonfire?

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 5, 2021

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 5, 2021

STANDY likes this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 5, 2021

Australia has done so well because it is a island and the UK ..........um well Boris can explain that one.........

rhetoric and JimInOz like this.
  12. eternalover Feb 5, 2021

He can’t explain anything - even why he switched from Europe remain to a leaver

I reckon the business lobby has a chairman’s vote on the govt science committee and a very short term outlook...

And now cos of brexit I can’t even realistically buy watches from eu!

13. eternalover Feb 5, 2021

But I like your starting point - often unglamorous jobs done by badly paid people are keeping things going. In the end we all have to contribute one way or another, but extolling one job group or country over another won’t help get the job done

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 5, 2021

I know the Doctors and Nurses deservedly get a fair bit of praise.
    But
    Anyone that still goes to work to make the world tick while everyone else is locked down deserves a hats off.

Never done Ubereats or Grubhub back home so all this is new to me. Think we have one company back home but it’s still mainly the restaurant.

Has surprised me that getting a coffee each day it’s a different person so there must be a army of delivery drivers.
    and ::confused2:: wouldn’t you get hungry delivering all the nice smelling food all day.

Ahhh city people, so many questions for you guys.

:D:D:D:D