Forums Latest Members
  1. Wivac Terribly special Jan 12, 2018

I've been looking to get a PO wearing Engineering friend of mine a basic set of strap / watch tools and keep running into quality issues in the reviews on the large retailer websites. Flimsy, cheap etc.

Is there a go to set of brands for good, reliable, non flimsy (basic) tools? I'm also wanting to get some, primarily for straps. TIA
    Pics for clicks of the twins that started this all off.

OM twins.jpg
  2. rcs914 Jan 12, 2018

For a strap tool, get a Bergeon 6767F - I had a cheap clone of it before I bought the real thing, and it is a night and day difference. So easy to do strap changes.

watch3s, jetkins and Wivac like this.
  3. Wivac Terribly special Jan 12, 2018

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm after, Ta!

4. isaac.owen.nz Jan 13, 2018

Anything bergeon seems to be damn good.
    Have purchased cheap kits and tools off eBay and they always end up breaking or getting tossed before I damage something more expensive than a better tool costs.

Wivac likes this.
  5. Wivac Terribly special Jan 13, 2018

That's the issue I've noticed. Are there any decent (reasonable price) kits out there or is it preferable to buy items separately?

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 13, 2018

Buy each tool as you have the need.

Most kits are crap and have half of the tools you may never use.

Get quality, not quantity, and not always Bergeon. There are many quality alternatives to Bergeon, e.g. VOH for screwdrivers and hand levers.

Wivac and Archer like this.
  7. jetkins Jan 13, 2018

I recently bought this Wilha screwdriver which is a perfect fit for the 1.8mm screws on modern Seamaster and Speedmaster bracelets. Having the truly right tool makes the job a snap instead of an exercise in frustration.

Wivac likes this.
  8. Wivac Terribly special Jan 13, 2018

Indeed, I'm the same with my garage tools. Just didn't know where to start for proper watch tools. Thanks for the info.