Forums Latest Members
  1. Lulu Bear May 16, 2015

Hi guys

Recently I stumbled upon a picture of a quadrant dial. This is the first one that I've seen during the last few weeks that I've been searching for a suitable watch. I find it to be truly stunning.

My questions are:

1. Are these uncommon as they appear to be?
    2. What does a good example of one go for?
    3. Can I please see pics of any you may have?

Here's the picture I found online:

[​IMG]

Cheers

micampe, rogart and Giff2577 like this.
  2. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 16, 2015

DSC06073.JPG
    Mine says Hello! The dial condition of mine is not as nice as the one you posted and I need a new Omega crystal and crown as the crown is missing and the crystal is the wrong size. Mine houses the very rare caliber 560. Only 3,000 of these were produced for the US market. I do not know if this dial was available with other cases/movements. Someone posted a photo of one here in the past I think and there were some questions as to if it was a redial.

3. Lulu Bear May 16, 2015

That is a beautiful watch. Just a pity that Omega didn't have the forethought to make them with the same font as the dial in your avatar.

Giff2577 likes this.
  4. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 16, 2015

Ha! Thanks!
    Both were eBay finds in terrible condition. I hope you are able to find a quadrant dial as I think they are very sharp looking. I have also seen them referred to as Shadow dial and Two Tone crosshair dials.

5. Lulu Bear May 16, 2015

Great! Thanks for that. Hopefully that will help me in my search as "quadrant dial" didn't throw up that many results when I checked earlier.

BTW, I recall reading that the one that I posted also had the cal 560. Do you know whether these came with any other movements or were they limited to the 560 only?

6. ulackfocus May 16, 2015

1. Yes, very uncommon. Might go as far to accept "rare" as a description..... and I don't throw that word around.
    2. The bring a few hundred extra than the garden variety SMDV - for one in the near mint condition shown, I'd expect it to be at least $900.
    3. Never had one, but I did have a beautiful silver dial 166.020 caliber 560 that was sold to a forum member a few years ago.

Giff2577 likes this.
  7. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 16, 2015

It is very cool to hear I have a rare dial. That word is not abused here unlike in the title of most online auction listings. I hope the OP has a lucky hunt finding one!