Forums Latest Members
  1. cantinker59 Mar 27, 2018

Hello all,
    I've been looking to add a cal 30t2 to my (modest) collection for a while now. The movement (cal 30t2 SC) in the watch I'm looking at seems to be in fair condition with a price of $300 usd. At this price I don't mind if it's a redial as it doesn't scream "done by a monkey on crack with a medium Sharpie". There is one area at 1 o'clock that I'd like to ask about though. Would the Omega QA dept in the late 40's have let this leave the shop?
    aaa.JPG
    Thanks!

2. isaacg Mar 27, 2018

Omega in the middle of the century let a lot of stuff through that was not perfect. I would be inclined to say that this minor misalign doesn't scream redial, but if you can provide pictures of the whole dial, then the experts on this forum will be more likely to be able to tell you if it's a redial or not. The context of this one area within the rest of the dial is important.

Waltesefalcon and BenBagbag like this.
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 27, 2018

Pretty sure QA departments did not exist yet in the 1940s :D

Mark020, Waltesefalcon and isaacg like this.
  4. ICONO Mar 27, 2018

Q&A at that time, usually consisted of a quick glance……& “Hmmmm…Good enough”

Not much has changed

5. cantinker59 Mar 28, 2018

Alright, I've just noticed another section of the dial with a "non-conformity".
    sss.JPG

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 28, 2018

How about providing a photo of the whole dial, if you want a definitive answer.

Temprus likes this.
  7. cantinker59 Mar 28, 2018

As I haven't purchased the watch yet I was a little wary of posting a photo of the complete dial. Anyway here it is.

rrr.JPG

8. Waltesefalcon Mar 28, 2018

I'm no expert by any means but the two things I would question first would be the G in Omega and the Magnetic, the print seems to be too inconsistent. Personally I think it looks good overall and at $300 I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Mark020 likes this.
  9. Edward53 Mar 28, 2018

I'm also no expert on these but I think it's safe to call a redial. The script looks generally clumsy, the A in Omega is floating away and the G in Magnetic is malformed, too large and too far from the N.

Butchhuff likes this.