Forums Latest Members

Pushers : when did they change from Rectangular to Round ?

1. oilseed Sep 2, 2018

I've searched the forum(s), but I've been unable to locate the answer to this question.

"When did Omega change their Chronograph case design from Rectangular pushers to the Round Pushers?"

is this documented someplace?

thanks

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 2, 2018

Generally around the 50s when people started expecting some degree of water resistance from chronographs and that was best achieved with round pushers and o-rings where as the early square pusher cases which don't have o-rings due to their shape are not even dustproof.

3. oilseed Sep 2, 2018

thanks for the reply. can you be more specific? down to the year? (plus or minus)
    I can find a lot of info on movements (calibers) and the dates. (when they were introduced, lenght of production, and when
    discontinued (or replaced)), but nothing on the cases themselves. is there any timeline on those?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 2, 2018

I would assume pre 321, chro 27 has both I would think. Although the line between early 321 and chro 27’s is fuzzy too.

5. oilseed Sep 3, 2018

From what I researched, tonight, the 27 Chro 12 design/production begain in 1942 and the 321 was offically introduced in 1946.
    (I'm not an expert, this is just what I've gleened from numerious websites regarding the history of this movement)
    so would this mean (based on your reply) the round pushers were introduced in 45/46?