Forums Latest Members
  1. Sturmfloppi Mar 5, 2016

Hello,

Sorry for asking but can somebody help me to clarify if these pushers are the right once for this ref.?
    Speedmaster 145.012-67
    I learned a lot over the last couple of months about all the differences but somehow when it comes to pushers I am never quite sure.

Thank you for your help - much appreciated!

image.jpeg
  2. JohnSteed Mar 5, 2016

Tritium and oddboy like this.
  3. Sturmfloppi Mar 5, 2016

Thanks for your reply.

I guess they must be the right pushers then - it says that 145.012 came with longer pushers.

Correct?!?

4. JohnSteed Mar 5, 2016

That website's author is a member here and quite reputable

I think so. BUT....I usually like to see the view from the front, so better able to gauge the depth of the pushers. That's how I usually take the plunge

JetLinks and Davidt like this.
  5. Dgercp Mar 5, 2016

They are correct :)

6. abrod520 Mar 5, 2016

Well look at it this way - the 145.012 (and all thereafter) use the same pushers, which are still available from Omega (though not long from now, only via official service providers). They're not expensive though - so even if they were incorrect somehow, it'd be very easy to rectify.

From your photo the only thing that worries me is that strange wear on the caseback - is that maybe (hopefully!) just some degradation of a plastic caseback cover? Because if that wear is on the steel....

JohnSteed likes this.
  7. Sturmfloppi Mar 5, 2016

Thank you all for your input and help!!!

@abrod520 - of course you are absolutely right about the pushers - never thought about it this way - clever.
    And wow - you see really everything - impressive! Thank you for pointing this out to me.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2016

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you saying that any Speedmaster 145012 or later, like the 145022, all use the same pushers? If so, that is not the case.

Cheers, Al

9. abrod520 Mar 6, 2016

Aren't they the same size? I may have overgeneralized, but looks like I was wrong! What are the differences between a pusher for a 145.012 and a 145.022?

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2016

Completely different pusher assemblies are called out for each case...

145012 - 086ST0007

145022 - 086ST0059

I just pulled one of each type out of their packages to take this photo for you:

[​IMG]

The screw is obviously longer, but taking some quick dimensions there are some differences in some diameters between the two. Not sure if those are intentional or just manufacturing tolerances though.

So I guess it depends what you mean by "the same size"? If you are only looking at the pusher cap, then yes they are the same external size, but the pusher is an assembly made up of several parts and not just the cap. I have not verified that the inner dimensions of the cap where it enters the tube are the same between the two, or if the internal splines are different, but the fact that the 0007 pusher calls for it's own cap part number suggests there are likely some differences in it when compared to the 0059 cap.

Cheers, Al

Ron_W, dscoogs, kenmedk and 4 others like this.
  11. Sturmfloppi Mar 6, 2016

Very interesting - you are so knowledgeable - fantastic!
    You see - pushers are indeed a very difficult topic...at least for me.

12. jayrock26 Mar 6, 2016

look good to me:thumbsup:

13. abrod520 Mar 6, 2016

Ah yeah - I did mean the cap, but you're right to point out the details matter with these. It's interesting actually; I seem to have recently run into this issue! (No, I did not install these myself; I picked it up knowing it had issues but they seem to run deeper than I thought)

So, here's a 145.022-69 with what I now think may be a 321 pusher installed. Somehow it fits- do you think the movement-side of the pusher (receiver? Not sure of terminology) has been ground down or something? Pusher on right in top photo; installed with movement on bottom in bottom photo) It's very strange:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

14. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 6, 2016

Precisely the sort of problem I ran into as mentioned on that other thread.. :)

That's when I walked away...and had someone with experience do the work.

JohnSteed likes this.
  15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2016

The "post" that actuates the movement parts is actually a screw. Can you still see a screw slot in the end of the screw? If not, then likely it's been filed to fit.