Forums Latest Members

Purchasing the First Omega in Space

1. stamford88 Apr 9, 2018

Hi all,

I have a question about the re-edition of the Omega Speedmaster Professional "First Omega in Space" 311.32.40.30.01.001. I tried purchasing this watch new on Joma shop which was a total bust - they don't have the watch and my delivery date keeps slipping from a few days, to a few weeks, to months. So despite Joma's screaming prices, I don't think they can source the watch at ~$3,800.00.

So I noticed a few places such as Tourneau offer the watch at retail ($5,300.00). So I'm hesitant to purchase this watch new at retail because I have a feeling the resale on this watch is bad. I know I shouldn't buy a watch and think about selling it, but resale is important to me, and it has been a big reason why I've stuck to Rolex for now.

So my questions are:
    - Is $5,3000 crazy to pay for this watch new? What price should I shoot for?
    - Any reputable dealers who will sell this watched used? What's a reasonable price used?
    - What's the general resale for this watch?

I have a general idea of the answers to my question, but given the check size, I'd appreciate a sanity check from experts such as you.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 9, 2018

Considering that’s the LE from last year that is sold out and has been for months. Joma will not be able to get it.

If you find one it will be list price or higher.

3. nurseford25 Apr 9, 2018

They are still out there. I saw one at the omega boutique the other day. Several pre owned examples pop up for sale much cheaper that 5300 on a pretty consistent basis. Unless you are stuck on buying new you could do a lot better than that price.

4. nurseford25 Apr 9, 2018

Bushido likes this.
  5. Bushido Apr 9, 2018

6. texasmade Apr 9, 2018

Search the sale section here and therolexforums.com. You’lol be able to find BNIB for the Joma price. I bought BNIB mine off of rolexforum for $3500 late last year.

7. RedSky32 Apr 9, 2018

A number of AD’s and OB’s still have FOIS. You should be able to negotiate a reasonable discount with AD. Saw a copy at nearby AD this weekend.

8. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 10, 2018

Wrong watch Foo. The FOIS isn’t an LE, it isn’t sold out and was actually launched over 5 years ago. I had to look that up, I can’t believe it has been around so long!

You should be able to find one discounted without too much trouble. It was never a massive seller but it is a nice piece alright.

Edited Apr 10, 2018
    Kmart likes this.
  9. LeonDeBayonne Apr 10, 2018

Correct padders, it is not a limited edition, it is a numbered edition. I believe c. 9,000 were manufactured. Now, the FOIS in steel and Sedna are no longer available on Omega's site. Hence, it is possible if not likely that Omega has now stopped producing them. In that case, that those at dealers' and boutiques' may be the last ones.

10. Speedo_Fr Apr 10, 2018

Leon, I don't understand when you say it's no longer available on omega site. Even a "classic speedmaster" you can't order directly by the site, it's the same for the FOIS so right now, impossible to say that they could have stpped the production.

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  11. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 10, 2018

Edited Apr 10, 2018
  12. LeonDeBayonne Apr 10, 2018

When I say that is no longer available, I meant (sorry for the confusion) that it is not shown directly as before. You have to click on "all speedmasters" and then you see the FOIS, the sedna FOIS, the CK2998, the SpeedyTuesday... And I understand that the first 2 are no longer produced as the last 2 are sold out.

13. Speedo_Fr Apr 10, 2018

OK I understand. Well noted, thank you for the explanations.

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  14. rominvicta Apr 10, 2018

LOL.... what you say here doesn’t mean anything Leon.

frederico likes this.
  15. nurseford25 Apr 11, 2018

I like how the OP made one post to ask our opinion and then we haven’t heard a peep out of him. This is why I don’t give much advice on forums. Lots of asks but no thank you’s. ::facepalm2:: I’m going to start telling people to pay the highest price. Do your own research man ::book::

Bushido and LeonDeBayonne like this.
  16. LeonDeBayonne Apr 11, 2018

That's quite an offensive comment. Go to Omega site and have a look by yourself. Good day to you.