Forums Latest Members

Purchasing From Luxurytime - South Africa

1. Velvetfog Jan 30, 2013

Hello All,

I've been looking to purchase a new Seamaster Planet Ocean XL and came across a great price from a seller in South Africa called Luxury Time. They are asking $4000 for a new 232.32.46.21.01.003 which is at least $500 cheaper than anyone else on e-bay / internet. I asked them to forward me pictures of the watch as the ones online look stock from Omega. They said what they have on their posting are the actual watches.

http://www.luxurytime.co.za/

Has anyone purchased a watch from this seller? Was your experience positive?
    This will be my first watch purchase over the internet and I just don't want to get scammed.

Cheers, Velvetfog

2. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

Interesting that you ask about Luxury Time. Another new member on another forum asked about them too. Wonder if you guys know each other?

3. alam Jan 30, 2013

sniff, sniff....​
    [​IMG]

4. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

5. Velvetfog Jan 30, 2013

Thanks for your responses so far. The thread on the watch talk forum was not generated by me. Luxury Time's feedback on e-bay looks positive...but I hear that it can't always be trusted. I guess any watch purchased over the internet carries with it some risk and I should accept that. I just want to do as much home work on the seller I buy from as possible to make an informed decision.

6. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

Mel, (can I call you Mel? :p Yes, I'm old enough to know that nickname) you are correct - and wise - to inquire BEFORE buying. Thank you for that because I can't tell you how many times I've had to break bad news to somebody about a watch they bought on the net. It's called the grey market, and it isn't always new watches you're dealing with. If you print out a few price pages with the watch you want and take them to a few authorized dealers (AD's for short) you might find one willing to come near the internet prices. Then you'll get a factory warranty on a brand new watch - instead of a seller's non-factory warranty that is their word only that they'll repair the watch. I don't buy many brand new watches, but when I bought my Breitling 5 years ago Bailey, Banks & Biddle matched a price from a legitimate on-line dealer. My new AD is giving me a price near grey market on my next upcoming purchase. Granted, there's sales tax but that's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

7. Velvetfog Jan 30, 2013

Thanks for your help Dennis,

Yes, you can call me Mel as its been by nickname for more than a few years. I have asked AD's in both Chicago and here in Alberta about matching or coming even close to some online prices for this watch. The AD in Chicago (Omega Boutique) would not move on price at all and the ones close to home offered a very small 5% reduction in price. I will keep looking around and check back on this forum for any similar watches for sale (and any feedback on Luxury Time).

Cheers, Mel

8. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

The Boutiques are known for not wavering from list price. I'm going to shoot you a private message with a little help on your price dilemma.