Forums Latest Members
  1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 17, 2014

Just out of curiosity why would one buy a watch from Boutique for full price when you can get a considerable disount from a authorized dealer.
    I do understand there are few boutique only models.
    I asked the same question to the sales rep at the boutique he doesn't have a logical answer

Edited by a mod Nov 17, 2014
  2. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Nov 17, 2014

You feel when you try it. Trust me.

3. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 17, 2014

There is no denying you will get at most attention and customer service.
    I did experience the feel... so it is just about that feel then

4. silviogo Nov 17, 2014

I think on official AD you'll pay post sell service, invite for special occasion and extra obsequious when you visit the boutique. This worth 15% of price....? It's a personal choice like choose to pay extra bucks for the new fancy box of speedy...as the watch is almost the same.

5. Baco Noir Nov 17, 2014

I have a friend who has been invited to several watchmaker events at the Boutique where he got to assemble a movement, was given a tool kit and Omega lab coat; and he's also been invited to a formal sit down dinner at a high end restaurant with fine wines and taken out to dinner by the Boutique manager for his 65th birthday. Although, if he had bought at a discount, he'd still have a lot more money in his pocket.

6. alam Nov 17, 2014

Perhaps is the only option to get a particular watch model; perhaps a boutique is the only or most convienient retailer in a given market area. In the last couple of years I have seen a few of the chain-brand jewelry stores lose their Omega AD rights - maybe a self-induced business decision or an Omega corporate business decision.

7. bill5959 Nov 17, 2014

Does the AD serve champagne? :) Regards, bill

watchme likes this.
  8. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 17, 2014

I believe all premium watch brands has very strict rules on how much discount can be offered by AD's if any and how they are sold ...
    Any violations are taken seriously and they do lose their AD ship permanently

9. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 17, 2014

I believe they offered me champagne but i am not sure... I dont drink ...so premium price doesnt work for me.

Edited Nov 17, 2014
  10. alam Nov 17, 2014

Well, there's one reason. ;)

11. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 17, 2014

You mean what if the AD runs out of bussiness? Warranty should still be acceptable

12. silviogo Nov 17, 2014

Champagne depends how often you buy from AD. 1 watch every 2years = orange juice ~ 1watch/year = martini ~ 2more watch/year = vevue Clicquot

watchme likes this.
  13. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 17, 2014

Apparently it's a corporate decision going back to 2011-ish.

14. bill5959 Nov 17, 2014

Just my two cents. I find the boutique a sharp decision. My customer service is excellent. The presence of a tech is brilliant. Keep your enemies close but your customers closer. Hell I even had birthday cake last trip. :D Regards, bill

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 17, 2014

If the boutique could give me invitation to NASA experience, I'll buy in heartbeat.

16. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 17, 2014

Yes mine does! I don't drink it though... fairies drink!

Edited Nov 17, 2014
  17. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 17, 2014

+1
    The SR at the Boutique i visited said they have special screening for Bond Movies and also Tiger Woods came in to that Boutique for Signing and took few folks for a golf experience.
    Don't think they will pick every customer who purchased from that Boutique.

watchme likes this.
  18. repoman Nov 17, 2014

I love my local boutique. My reasons for buying at the boutique include:

1. Its the only place you can get the newest pieces, especially limited editions; if you are willing to wait for those to eventually show up on the grey market, then sure, consider doing that. When I decide I want something, I want it now ;-)
    2. No questions asked factory service and excellent customer care; buying anywhere else can be hit or miss, IMHO. Some AD's are great, others are horrible. My experience at the boutique has been exceptional everytime.
    3. Benefits and intangibles: I've received a TON of nifty freebies (travel cases for watches, more Omega bags and boxes than I can count, Omega books, misc Omega swag, invitations to super fun get-togethers, where I've met a bunch of really cool watch people like myself, many business cards exchanged and friendships formed. Oh and did I mention Omega related trips like NASA, PGA events, etc. (sure you have to spend to get the big time perks, but OMFG are they awesome).
    4. I really really like the people that work in the boutique; I consider them my friends and I enjoy spending time with them.

watchme likes this.
  19. billyblue Nov 18, 2014

Last week I've been to the boutique in Munich, and they left me standing there for 15 minutes till I left...
    At my local AD I get 20% on everything from Omega and for saving 1500-2000€ per watch I can bring along a lot of champagne myself, or drink it at home with my wife [emoji1]

silviogo likes this.
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 18, 2014

Bought two watches at a boutique before i even knew forums like this existed. (second in 2006)

Rolex spends heaps of money marketing buy from a Rolex AD only.
    Anyone with a Rolex will say never buy new.