Forums Latest Members
  1. adam320 Feb 21, 2020

I’m getting ready to make a purchase soon. Is there any reason to not purchase it from a reputable dealer on this site over the Omega store. The difference is $1700 and no tax?

2. vbrad26 Feb 21, 2020

In my opinion, no.
    Unless you are trying to start a relationship with a local AD, then buying from a trusted seller on here would be the way to go IMO.

Foo2rama and adam320 like this.
  3. Bp1000 Feb 21, 2020

The main reason is, do you trust the grey dealer you are buying from?

Have they sourced a watch that is first fully genuine with all box and papers or if used, is it in mint condition without any signs of cosmetic correction or mechanical issues.

$1,7000 is a big saving if it all checks out. P.S. No idea about the watch in question but you can get discounts at ADs.

adam320 likes this.
  4. adam320 Feb 21, 2020

Blue dial PO 8900... I’m certain who I’m dealing with is a trusted seller. He’s very active on here and has a website and it’s brand new with box, cards and papers.

I’m going to the boutique today to see the watch in person and make sure I like it on my wrist. I’ll see what they offer but doubt it’ll be close to the deal I’m getting.

5. RARJ Feb 21, 2020

If the seller is solid, the watch is new, and it has a valid warranty then why not? $1700 is a big delta.

The only time I start doing any real qualitative/quantitative analysis is when the watch is either nearing or off warranty and the potential discount could get eaten up by needing a servicing.

A deal can turn into far from it when 6 months later it needs an $800 service.

adam320 likes this.