Forums Latest Members
  1. rcd582 Jul 20, 2018

I'm looking at the Planet Ocean 600 meter titanium watch and wondered if anyone has used Jomashop.

2. Maganator Jul 20, 2018

3. ras47 Jul 20, 2018

Check the warranty details. Jomashop often sells without factory warranty.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 20, 2018

Hi! Hello! Welcome! Thank you in advance for introducing yourself to the forum.

There are several Jomashop threads on OF. The general consensus is you get just as good of a deal with some of the 'trusted' resellers', plus most of what they sell have full factory warranties.

dr1v3thru, Mtek and Mossback like this.
  5. rcd582 Jul 20, 2018

thank you

6. rcd582 Jul 20, 2018

Thanks for the thread. It raised some red flags that I do not want in my purchase. I used instead another seller--Chitown watch and have been impressed with him. Found another Planet Ocean I liked better and got it. Got much better deal when you add everything together.

Tik-Tok of Oz and 89-0 like this.
  7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 20, 2018

Kringkily (George) is great, too.

CTS-V likes this.
  8. Sublime_1 Jul 20, 2018

I have ordered a couple different watches from them. When there isn't a problem they are fine but when there is you will soon realize that the customer service is lacking.

The last time I tried to order a watch from them it didn't work out so well I even called and made sure it was in stock. (first lie)
    Placed the order for overnight delivery and 2 days later it had not shipped so I called and the lady that answered said it just came in and I will personally make sure it goes out today. (second lie)
    Next day, no watch or tracking number so I called back and the guy that I spoke with said that he has no idea why she would have told me that and they would have the watch within two days.
    Nope, I don't like your tactics cancel the order. But sir, it will be here in two days, I'll guarantee it. No, cancel the order. I am going out of town it was suppose to be here 3 days ago and if it can't be here tomorrow it will just sit on the porch so cancel the order besides you have lied to me twice.

Took about a full day and a couple of phone calls to get the refund issued to my CC.

9. Mossback Jul 20, 2018

Great question rcd582. :thumbsup:
    I recently signed up on Jomashop looking for my first new Omega. Appreciate the helpful answers. Most likely will buy here instead.

10. rcd582 Jul 23, 2018

Waiting for delivery tomorrow, was impressed with factory warranty. Bought e few
    Waiting for delivery tomorrow. I was impressed with factory he gave. I bought a few less expensive watchers from Jomashop and never had a problem. But, you never know. Also, the watch I bought has a Masters rating for the same price as one without. What model are you looking at.

11. ClarendonVintage Jul 23, 2018

They do some wicked discounts on certain occasions...and generally a trustworthy grey dealer

12. many Jul 23, 2018

I find their discount to be in line with trusted dealers but from what I've heard their warranty is atrocious. I think the real advantage to using jomashop is that they have a brand and you can trust you are getting an authentic watch. It's helpful for people that don't have the time, inclination, or interest in trying to find a trusted dealer online.

ClarendonVintage likes this.
  13. Brian61992 Jul 23, 2018

I bought my speedy pro from there 3 years ago. Never had an issue.

14. rob09 Jul 23, 2018

Purchased a couple of watches off them in the past, without issue.

Must have pushed my luck too far but.

Purchased a pair of sunnies for my partner, one of the few places they were "in stock" in the colour she wanted, price was solid too.

After 3 months of being stuffed around, they still hadn't shipped.

I demanded a refund and still had to hassle them for that.

I'd never question the legitimacy of anything they sold, but would never buy again after the last time.

15. What_Goat? Jul 24, 2018

My experience below...

I almost bought an Aqua Terra from Jomashop a few months back...I even placed order via phone, but had "bad feelings" less than a day afterwards. I immediately emailed asking for refund - received cancellation confirmation same day and about a few days later I received full refund. Interaction was smooth without any issues.

However, since I'm a sucker for having the whole tangible + human rigmarole, I've purchased my AT and SMPc from an AD since then @ prices equal with JS (yeah sure, I had to pay the tax). With that said...if a Speedy will tempt me in the future, I will definitely call upon trusted sellers here on OF - without a doubt this is the best way to purchase your new (or new to you) Omega watch.

Lastly - my research shows that if one buys from JS (or most other grey market dealers) just take advantage of the price savings but DO NOT use their warranty for any forthcoming issues. Just take your Omega to the AD for work...

Cheers!

~Goat

16. Hands90 Jul 26, 2018

17. time flies Jul 26, 2018

Go for it. Live on the edge. If your not living on the edge you're taking up too much space. There are plenty more to take your place.

have fun
    kfw

18. Hands90 Jul 26, 2018

KFW,
    Just picked up a Ploprof so I'm on hold for a while but yes. I'd go for it if I had the funds.
    Could I borrow a few bucks.

19. JPE.88305 Jul 26, 2018

20. time flies Jul 26, 2018

no. never a lender or borrower be. Apologies to bf
    have fun
    kfw