Forums Latest Members
  1. moooza Jul 15, 2017

I've fallen in love with this watch and would really appreciate some advice. I've asked a few people on here already (thank you so much for your replies). In general, the feedback I've got is:
    1. Overpriced - what is an acceptable price range?
    2. Gold tarnishes easily - I'm not too worried about this, but how bad does it get?
    3. It was serviced recently by Max Schweizer in Sydney - Invoice can be supplied
    4. It's engraved - This doesn't worry me too much, especially since the engraving matches the purchase receipt

https://www.chrono24.com.au/omega/seamaster--id5970124.htm

I think I could negotiate down to about $1600 AUD ($1250USD), but let me know what you think.

I'm in Australia which means my options are a bit reduced, but any advice on alternatives would also be greatly appreciated.

2. kreyke Jul 15, 2017

1. Plain seamasters are around 350-500usd in that condition. I'm not too sure about solid gold I've seen one solid gold Seamaster deville selling for about 600 usd that has been engraved. Took the seller a couple of days to move it. Not sure why. I felt like it was a great deal for a solid gold.

2. I've not been collecting long enough to know but my gold vintage watches aren't tarnished at all.

4. Some collectors frown on engraving. It might limit the amount of people you'll be able to sell to in the future.

EDIT: are there any specific models/dials/case material you're looking for?

3. marco Jul 15, 2017

Looks good to me, but I recently bought a load of rubbish. So temper my comment !

4. chipsotoole Jul 15, 2017

1250 is still a wee bit high..remember this is 9carat not 18carat gold.........If you love it that much I think 1200 Aus....1000 USD is the maximum I'd pay.
    You need to try it on for 20 mins....