Forums Latest Auctions Members

Pulsations Nina Question

1. t_swiss_t

t_swiss_t Aug 1, 2018

Hi,

I have long been interested in buying a Nina Rindt with a pulsations bezel (which I know is no easy task). Bulling and Sons has one for sale now that I am interested in (link and pictures below). My major question/concern is about the reference number, which is listed as 885105/02. I thought I remember seeing that pulsations Rindt's had a separate reference number (03 I think) but I am not sure if I had that right. If so, would it speak to this example being a 'parts watch' ? Thanks in advance to the UG experts here, I am quite the novice on these. Best,

Andrew

https://www.bulangandsons.com/watches/universal-geneve-nina-rindt-reference-885105-02-w-505.html

b_s_w-505_universal_geneve_nina_rindt_wristshot.jpg

2. ELV web

ELV web Aug 1, 2018

I don’t think the /01 /02 /03 has anything to do with the Bezel type. Rather /01 is the black dial evil Niña and /02 is the white Normal Niña.

sdre, Diabolik and Kali77 like this.
  3. Diabolik

Diabolik Aug 1, 2018

No, it is not.

The pulsation bezel would have either been added as an option to an 01 or 02. If it came out of the factory with a pulsation bezel, the 885108 case was used (same reference that is used on the exotic).

I have never seen an 03 ...

sdre, frederico and Florent like this.
  4. t_swiss_t

t_swiss_t Aug 1, 2018

Thanks and glad to hear that I have it wrong. Hence my reason for starting the thread!

Florent likes this.
  5. billving

billving Aug 1, 2018

so this one is NOT the 885108 case, so the bezel was a later replacement?

6. bd-chrono

bd-chrono Aug 1, 2018

My Nina Rindt pulsation bezel is the same reference 885105/02
    Also has the same original box as Bulang and Sons. IMG_3094.JPG

Xeer, Florent, Diabolik and 3 others like this.
  7. sdre

sdre Aug 1, 2018

Any idea what's Bulang asking?

Edit: B&S replied me. Am I allowed to share the price?

Edited Aug 2, 2018
  8. Diabolik

Diabolik Aug 2, 2018

That bezel is in excellent condition ...

As mentioned, the 885105/01 and /02 references are found (very few) with the pulsations bezel. However, they are likely to have been modified by special order or request by a watchmaker or UG (service replacement).

That does not mean that they are made up or incorrect.

The non run of the mill types of the later compax (all dial variations of the exotic and any non standard configuration such as the medico), had a reference of 885108 (From what I have been able to determine. this was a generic reference used for non standard models). I am unsure why the non standard reference was not expanded so as to classify the variations (dials, bezels and so on) of what we call the exotic and medico (-01, -02 and so on) .

Note that the reference 885108 medico also has a second runner that does not have lume which makes a lot of sense as the would be very little point (bezel would not be visible in the dark).

There are very few known examples of the compax medico and even fewer of the tri compax medico ...

9. Florent

Florent Aug 2, 2018

Yes.

10. billving

billving Aug 2, 2018

33900 euro

Xeer and sdre like this.
  11. t_swiss_t

t_swiss_t Aug 5, 2018

@Diabolik thanks for your responses. The Bulang example also claims to have original papers that are signed with hand written text (not stamped). As I haven’t bought the watch I won’t post it in public but I’ve heard that blank UG papers can be bought and filled in easily and hence do not add value.

Should they be signed, stamped, or anything else to be correct?

sdre likes this.
  12. Diabolik

Diabolik Aug 6, 2018

Determining if box, guarantee and all of the various bits that make up the full set and all belong together, involves a little detective work. I would always start with the serial number and Any further information that can be gathered by what you have in the whole package.

Check serial number on watch and date code on bracelet. They should be very close. The Box is the type that was used in the mid sixties. Guarantee is a later 70s going on the logo. It could well be that a later guarantee booklet was used as it had been sitting around awaiting a buyer.

There is insufficient data to correctly asses the watch but from what I see, I would say that it is unlikely that the package you have belongs together as chronologically it does not fit very well.

In terms of value, I would only look at watch and bracelet and work on that. If there was documentary evidence such as a bill of sale, guarantee, manual box, and so on and they all fitted together chronologically, then value could well be a little more (10 to 15%) as it would be considered full set.

13. vujen

vujen Aug 6, 2018

Nice watch.
    Still deeply overpriced, IMO.