Forums Latest Members

Public Service Announcement: don't ignore that niggling back pain

1. Moadib Jan 13, 2018

The thing which is said to dissolve stones is malic acid. Apples are relatively high in it (which is why people recommend apple cider vinegar), and presume grape juice also has high level.
    I never found any benefit from that, but have read that others did.

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 13, 2018

Sorry to hear about this Chris but glad you're on the mend.

There was me thinking that it is an extreme way to avoid having a drink at Time4apint

tyrantlizardrex and gostang9 like this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Jan 13, 2018

Cheers Stewart - feeling much better, although still very yellow... hopefully will be back to my normal pasty shade for the 23rd. :)

ewand likes this.
  4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 13, 2018

Best wishes for a prompt recovery.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  5. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jan 14, 2018

Nice bit of advice mate but how the 'fakkin hell' is Chris supposed to check that out when he's laying on a trolley with his arse hanging out the back of one of those NHS gowns? Surely that's down to the doctors??? They have posh scanners for that kind of malarky!::confused2::

Anyway... sorry to hear you are going through it Chris. I suppose we tend to put most persistent back pain down to muscular skeletal problems. Glad they picked up the differential diagnosis. GOD BLESS OUR "IN CRISIS" NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE" .... GET WELL SOON!:thumbsup:

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. Professor Jan 14, 2018

There's a new in office procedure for treating sciatica. They found that in many cases the problem was caused by the pressure on that nerve due to sitting for long periods with a thick wallet in your back pocket. The new procedure is very simple. While you are being examined they carefully exact your wallet and remove all your cash. The wallet being much thinner after every visit to your doctor relieves pressure on the nerve.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. Tio Jan 14, 2018

A cautionary tale with a happy ending; God bless the paramedics. Speedy recovery and let's hope this counts as all your bad luck for 2018 and its nothing but smooth sailing from here on out. Cheers!

8. davidswiss Jan 15, 2018

Best wishes old lizard, hope you're up and able to pounce on and eat small creatures asap.

MaiLollo and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 15, 2018

Soon-to-be-technically-correct-description : The Gallless Brit :D
    Hope your awesome new Oris Movember Edition is keeping you good company and sprinkling a dash of cheer amidst the gloom ...

Archer and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  10. repoman Jan 15, 2018

I can most definitely relate to your pain... I've been there and done that, misdiagnosed for over 10 years, finally almost died and an ER physician diagnosed me in 2 seconds flat. So much for my Harvard Medical School family doctor. I was lucky. That was 17 years ago. Once that gall bladder is gone your life will be 1000% better, and whatever they tell you about eating, ignore it, I eat everything with no issues. So much for my Harvard Medical School family doctor. Get well soon Chris.

noelekal and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex Jan 15, 2018

Jesus - sounds like I’ve been very lucky to get sick once, and get a correct diagnosis!

Back to the hospital for blood tests tomorrow - hoping to get signed off, and a date for the removal booked in. :thumbsup:

repoman likes this.
  12. abrod520 Jan 15, 2018

Wow, and I thought my year of debilitating abdominal pain until I was finally properly diagnosed was bad!

As said, same here. Haven't noticed much difference with and without gallbladder

repoman and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  13. tritto Jan 15, 2018

Good to hear the worst is over, Chris. Here's to a full recovery.

Now the offensive bit At 37 you're a heck of a lot younger than you make yourself sound in Time4aPint. I was picturing a portly middle-aged man in a big and brightly coloured shirt who looks nothing like your photo above. I'm not sure if I can cope with reality

Btw, I left appendicitis about 24 hours longer than I should have a few years ago. Not a great idea. If you have plenty of pain in your tummy/back, a fuzzy head, can't sleep or keep food down, and the pain increases when you lift your right leg, appendicitis is also on the cards. Get to a doctor or hospital.

14. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jan 17, 2018

So??? How are you now Chris? Feeling any better?

15. tyrantlizardrex Jan 18, 2018

Much thanks Jonathan!

I’m still quite yellow, but that just shows how bad the blockage/infection was.

I go back Tuesday for another round of blood tests, and then will get a date for surgery in 4-6 weeks.

Silver lining to this particular cloud is that I’m starting 2018 nearly 10kg lighter than I ended 2017.:)

noelekal and Mods like this.
  16. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 18, 2018

Don't try this at home, children. The NHS does not recognise gall stones as a safe method of dieting.:whistling:

nonuffinkbloke and noelekal like this.
  17. tyrantlizardrex Jan 18, 2018

I don't recommend gallstones as a safe method of anything...

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  18. akshayluc420 Jan 18, 2018

Want to organise a GTG with The Simpsons? I'm sure Burns might have something being guarded by the hounds :p

Edited Jan 18, 2018
    nonuffinkbloke and STANDY like this.
  19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 18, 2018

So have you re-assessed and gone the cut me open option instead of laparoscopic. Chicks dig scars ;)

20. tyrantlizardrex Jan 18, 2018

Na. Laparoscopic all the way.

Met with the surgeon on Tuesday, was told about 10% of these operations are the traditional method, and that they’re only done under emergency conditions.