Forums Latest Members
  1. emilio Mar 25, 2016

Ok say you have 9k euro.

Would you prefer an all original Ed white? Or would you prefer an Ed White with Canadian Air Force provenance?

As can be seen the dial/hands and bezel have been replaced. But it still has a story..

[​IMG]

https://www.chrono24.com/nl/omega/s...orce--id4236479.htm?SETLANG=nl_NL&SETCURR=EUR

Since all threads are worthless without pics one pic from my own Ed White which does not have any provenance but is visually more attractive and almost 100% original. Not for sale btw..

image.jpeg
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 25, 2016

For me, originality all the way. Also, that RCAF one appears to be polished and has a not too desirable bracelet. I wouldn't spend €9K on that one unless it had a proper dial and bezel included.

Now yours? I'd but that one for €9K.

Optimizer13 likes this.
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 25, 2016

Seems like only half of that watch has a story, and it is not necessarily a good one. I'd go for the all-original without a second thought.

Spacefruit, Optimizer13 and oddboy like this.
  4. E-diddy Mar 25, 2016

i would prefer the all-original. i don't like the fact that the RFAF doesn't have the original dial/bezel/hands. you would have to convince people that it's an ed white haha.

5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 25, 2016

Unless it belonged to an astronaut, I'll take an completely original, unmolested classic every time.

watchknut, Spacefruit and oddboy like this.
  6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 25, 2016

Only if that person meant something or was government issued. You know how many people served in the military?

emilio likes this.
  7. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Mar 25, 2016

Originality would be more important. As mentioned by others, provenance would add only if it had historical significance.

8. grizzlycanuck Mar 25, 2016

I think most people are unanimous, on this forum, originality is the most important thing. Perhaps on MWR there may be more people interested in the military provenance. It's a nice bonus but not at the cost of an original watch

9. RCAFBuster Mar 25, 2016

I agree with originality, with the provenance adding a nice dimension.

I have seen three Omega extracts to the Royal Canadian Air Force and all three watches do not have any serial numbers on the caseback. All date from the mid 60s to early 70s. Now I know the issued RCAF watches at that time were the single pusher chronographs, Rodania and Omega at this period in time and all have Military Serial numbers.

Does anyone have any evidence or opinion on if these were purchased for use by the RCAF aircrew or were they purchased for private sale in CANEX (CDN Forces Exchange) , the Canadian version of NAAFI?

Thanks,
    Buster

10. emilio Mar 26, 2016

Nice to see these opinions :)

Totally agree btw..