Forums Latest Members

Protocol for wearing one brand of watch with a different brand of strap/bracelet/band?

1. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Aug 24, 2015

I'm curious...is it OK to wear a Longines watch with an Omega strap (pictured below)? What is the protocol for combining brands regarding this? My wife stated this morning that my watch & strap combo looked good...happy wife, happy life...

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. Canuck Aug 24, 2015

Other that a watch making company that happens to own a strap making company, watchmaker's don't make straps. Therefore, generally, the only thing about an Omega, Longines, Rolex, Vacheron, Cartier, Audemars, Breguet, Breitling, or Patek strap is the gold embossing on the under side. Wearing a Longines strap on an Omega is not at all like using "aftermarket" parts to repair a watch movement. If it looks good, fit it, wear it, and enjoy it! That' my view.

LarryG, GoldenHour, Tritium and 2 others like this.
  3. blubarb Aug 24, 2015

Have to share Canuck's balanced view. I was just going to say wear what makes you happy (or what makes your wife happy).

Mad Dog likes this.
  4. lillatroll Aug 24, 2015

it's your watch so you can wear it how you want it, but I personally would find it difficult to live with, a bit like having Porsche rims on a Toyota car, if you know what I mean.

Mad Dog likes this.
  5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 24, 2015

Mix and match ...

Just don't wear an anti-matter strap on a matter watch and you'll be fine. :D

image.jpg

NT931, CdnWatchDoc, noelekal and 4 others like this.
  6. Willem023 Aug 24, 2015

Pure blasphemy! No matter if your wife or the kids be happy, never, as in never combine!!
    Better have a watch laying around with no band than this mingling up of parts, brrrrrr.

;)

Oh, btw: looks very nice........
    :whistling:

Mad Dog, Fritz and blubarb like this.
  7. Willem023 Aug 24, 2015

Afraid the Porsche rims would not fit on my Toyota car....::popcorn::

persco and Mad Dog like this.
  8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Aug 24, 2015

Well the big question is did your wife go out with you in public while you were sporting a watch on each wrist. I call that mad dogging. I am wearing two watches now....

Had to use my nose to snap the shot.

IMG_20150824_071940.jpg

kurtj29, Mad Dog and JohnSteed like this.
  9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 24, 2015

I have as many extra straps as I do watchss and I love to combine them as i see fit. Sone are branded and some are not....don't care

Edited Aug 24, 2015
    persco, Mad Dog and JohnSteed like this.
  10. lillatroll Aug 24, 2015

I am sure you could chop a bit off them, or add filler if you really wanted that combo, just send it to Mumbia, they could do anything there, even give you a 100%original any colour you want,mas long as its crap,watch dial while you wait.:rolleyes:

Mad Dog and Willem023 like this.
  11. JohnSteed Aug 24, 2015

It's as simple as this

Mad Dog, Darlinboy and M.D. like this.
  12. adi4 Aug 24, 2015

Not a problem at all in my eyes. Heck, I'd love to put a Hermes strap (if I can find one without buying the watches) on my dressier watches.

Mad Dog likes this.
  13. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 24, 2015

Heresy! Absolute madness! What has this world come to........

But then, I had that nice Longines strap on my Omega for a while...... so we're talking double standards here......... nothin a beer wouldn't cure I'm sure.

Mad Dog and Nobel Prize like this.
  14. italy1861 Aug 24, 2015

Looks great Mad Dog.. Nice Longines! Maybe you should try drinking Starbucks out of your DD cup too!

CanberraOmega, Mad Dog, M.D. and 4 others like this.
  15. yinzerniner Aug 24, 2015

I use my Omega Mesh on the Longines Legend Diver almost exclusively, but have also used some 22mm Omega straps on it with the deploy clasp. I see no problem whatsoever wearing shoes that are from a different maker from the suit, so to speak.

Mad Dog likes this.
  16. M.D. Aug 24, 2015

Life is short, if it looks good and you like it, I say enjoy! Plus if your wife likes it, no sense in arguing with her. ☺

Mad Dog likes this.
  17. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 24, 2015

Jeezus, I thought I was on WatchUSeek when I read the post.
    Was preparing to switch forums when the coffee cup registered in my pea brain...Mad Dog! So I'm in the right place...
    WTF? Clearly you need a nice clean vintage Omega watch for your Omega strap! ;)
    But seriously, Longines and Omega are both under the Swatch umbrella (or Cloak of Evil if you prefer). So I think you're okay.
    BUT REMEMBER! If you want a Longines strap for your Longines watch, GET IT NOW from your independent watch maker. After this year, you'll have to ship the watch to Longines in Switzerland for a factory authorized strap change, which will probably end up costing as much as the watch's value.

Mad Dog likes this.
  18. chickenman26 Aug 24, 2015

That tears it. I'm alerting the fashion police. No doubt you've violated some decorum ordinance.
    ::book::

Mad Dog likes this.
  19. Pvt-Public Aug 24, 2015

They are your watches and your bands/straps/bracelets..... wear them in what ever the hell combination you want. That's my opinion, anyways.

Mad Dog likes this.
  20. Wetworks Aug 24, 2015

I don't have an issue with anyone doing that, your choice.

But it would sure as hell make me twitch, so I wouldn't do it.

Mad Dog likes this.