Forums Latest Members

Problem with DHL delivery. Seller used incomplete address

1. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 22, 2017

This is a first for me.
    Ebay purchase from Europe. I'm in the USA. Seller neglects to include my office suite number which is on both my ebay and paypal confirmed address. Package delivered and signed for earlier today. Not to me and not by me. I have no idea where. Searched around my rather small office building. No one has it. Spoke to DHL 20 minutes after misdelivery and they are investigating. Could take 2 days!! Messaged seller immediately thru Ebay to inform him of issue.

What to do next?

Wait?
    Call in a claim to Ebay?
    Call in a claim to Paypal?

Ideas??

2. jimmyd13 Feb 22, 2017

Inform both eBay and PayPal immediately but don't take it further than that until after the courier has followed up ... and call DHL every hour until everyone staffing their call centre knows you by your first name.

Edit: not much consolation but you have PayPal's buyer protection to fall back on seeing as the package was incorrectly addressed.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. knvqn Feb 22, 2017

Assuming there was a T&T you can confirm whether the name and address was correct? If yes, it can not be the sellers issue that DHL gave the package to someone who signed it off. If not, then it is the sellers fault, and you should be able to have recourse via paypal.

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 22, 2017

Sometimes the driver will mark delivered even though it is not, as he may have tried and couldn't. All stats about delivered and non delivered for the drivers. Give it to the end of the day and contact the local DHL not a call centre.

gemini4 and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 22, 2017

Thanks Jim. On my 4 th call to DHL in 2 hours Im told that the package was recovered .....INTACT:)
    Things are looking up...for now

Baz9614, Mad Dog, Dre and 7 others like this.
  6. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 22, 2017

Rescheduled for tomorrow.
    No big deal :(
    It's only a F@#king Railmaster 2914

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 22, 2017

Well run right down there and get it, NOW. We'll all wait right here on line till you get back so hurry. images.jpg

Baz9614 and gemini4 like this.
  8. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 22, 2017

I would if I could. It's at a customerless distribution center. Will have to lie awake all night (not really) waiting for sunrise

Thanks all for the instant responses. I do love this place

Edited Feb 22, 2017
  9. alam Feb 22, 2017

Yeah! I'm sure the pack was rejected by the wrong recipient after the contents showed it was only a Faking Railmaster!!??? :p

and you know the deal...pictures or your story never happened! :)

Baz9614 and gemini4 like this.
  10. Uniqez Feb 22, 2017

That's right. Someone got disappointed with an old watch in the parcel [emoji33]
    I'm glad that it's on the right track now!
    Patiently waiting for the pictures)

gemini4 likes this.
  11. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 22, 2017

Good it landed with someone who did the right thing & returned it. Should be a happy ending now.

Nerve wracking for sure. Even if it was "lost" & ended up sellers responsibility - still a nice watch is gone from your grasp.

gemini4 likes this.
  12. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 22, 2017

Not sure if it was returned or the DHL driver won a tug of war contest.

Darlinboy likes this.
  13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 22, 2017

The driver put up a hulluva fight, and I had to get to the airport so I had to let it go. Dammit.

14. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 22, 2017

Oddboy, Let It Go
    IMG_5908.PNG

duc, tyrantlizardrex, Davidt and 2 others like this.
  15. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 22, 2017

And you may never know the full story I'd guess.

UPS once left a watch I had coming with "signature required" at the wrong address (a down the steet neighbor's house), without getting a signature at all. Was left outside their front door & marked "delivered" by the driver. Thank goodness the neighbor brought it over to me when she got home.

S::censored::t happens, and when it does, it sucks.

gemini4 likes this.
  16. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 22, 2017

DHL was very efficient in collecting my customs duty charges. Delivering my package, not as much.

Dre, Rodmar, tyrantlizardrex and 5 others like this.
  17. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 22, 2017

Though it can be an admirable quality, "Duty First" in this context is not a virtue. :p

Spacefruit, Bushido and gemini4 like this.
  18. night0wl Feb 22, 2017

DHL and ontrac are the worst shippers EVER
    They both always lose packages, or my favorite, as it's "on truck for delivery" at 4am its magically delivered at 4:30am. I love that they scan the packages as delivered as soon as they are put into their deliver vans. FedEx "smart" post isn't much better.

Glad they found it for you. Hopefully it actually gets delivered.

blubarb and gemini4 like this.
  19. trackpad Feb 23, 2017

I hate to break this news to anyone, but PayPal Buyer Protection is hardly a consolation. In my experience...at best a farce, at worst a criminal scam.

I filed a claim once after a watch I ordered on eBay and paid for with PayPal never arrived. They came back to me insisting the watch had been delivered and that the buyer had presented proof. I must have asked to see the proof in 20 different mails, but they never obliged with anything more than an "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do". All in all, a Kafkaesque experience....just consistently asking to see the documentation for something I know didn't happen, and consistently being denied.

That was the last watch I bought on eBay.

DHL is also a complete dumpster fire. ....just like EMS and all the other small, what feel like formerly state-owned players. I only deal with sellers willing to use FedEx or UPS. They are the only true global players you can trust. I personally prefer UPS as they cost about half of what FedEx costs out of where I live. I also dig brown trucks.

ahartfie, Tritium and gemini4 like this.
  20. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 23, 2017

I have used EMS many, many times, and have yet to be disappointed. Also worth noting that the route in question is an important variable. From Japan to the U.S., for example, EMS is absolutely outstanding.

I do agree, though, that DHL (not to be confused with German Post) sucks.