Forums Latest Members

Pricing question on a Tri Compax find

1. waXology May 28, 2015

So my hunt is for a nice larger tri-compax is still on going. But I've just found a seller with the below UG. He's given full disclosure and has asked me what I think it's worth. (apparently he is a Brietling collector and has no idea what it is worth in it's current state)

Want to get your thoughts.

"you need to know that the watch needs a service , the movement works when operated manually , day, date, moon phase hands etc all change as they need to when you pull the crown and turn it, but the balance doesn’t swing. the watch has been sitting in a drawer for many years before I got it but I never got around having it serviced by my watchmaker as UG is not really my 1st interest as I am a Breitling collector "

tri_compax_1.jpg UG_1.jpg UG_2.jpg UG_3.jpg UG_4.jpg UG_5.jpg

luzer likes this.
  2. waXology May 29, 2015

Anybody? Just wondering what a service would cost to get it back up and running fine.

3. ELV web May 29, 2015

I just had mine over hauled for around 700usd, the hands had a problem, they were touching each other coz the tubes were sanded off too much. Also had some gears changed. The key is you need to find someone who can do it and it is not that easy....

The watch looks correct but I can't really tell whether the dial is damaged, super faded or the plexi glass is just over scratched. The hands also looked like it was relumed (that is not something that bothers me though). If it is a good price, I will probably take a punt on it.

waXology likes this.
  4. waXology May 29, 2015

Thanks mate. I'm finding out but I think it is the actual dial that is faded. Apparently it's been sitting in a draw for a very long time. Long with that fade I would assume it's been in sunlight for a long time?

The lume doesn't bother me too much. It actually looks original to me unless it was relumed a very long time ago.

If i can get it at a decent price considering it doesn't run I'll take it. These larger ones don't come up all that often.