Forums Latest Members

Pricing help on a used Tag Heuer GMT Caliber 7

1. Hkolka Oct 31, 2016

Good Evening,

I searched the forums and caliber11 and couldn't find past prices on these. What would a used Caliber 7 GMT be worth? The watch I'm looking at is grey market from Jomashop (where it retails $1200) and in mint condition. Does it have any resell value? What would be the most you'd be willing to pay for one?

Thank you.

d7ec89e3fede817883add8dce75e5adfc56dd3ab.png
    meganfox17 likes this.
  2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Oct 31, 2016

Try ebay.com then advanced search, then sold listings

3. Hkolka Oct 31, 2016

Thank you, I'm ashamed to admit I never knew/used this search option. The lowest Ive seen is $950, any opinions on the quality and resale value? Would it be a good piece to eventually trade for a seamster + cash on my part?

4. Baco Noir Nov 1, 2016

Fun piece playing off the popularity of the Rolex BLNR but at a fraction of the price. That said, you can count on low resale and slow resale unless you price it really low. Without looking into this specific model's past sales, I'd guess between 40-50% of MSRP on resale.

Hkolka likes this.
  5. meganfox17 Nov 1, 2016

Can I add something Sir ? My brother had a Breitling Avenger II Seawolf (not sure 2012 or 2013 model) & sold it off @ 33% of MSRP. Sneeky people like me would look for younger college kids as potential customers to dispose preowned homages. Personally I would certainly prefer cheaper 'Bastardized Batman" version like Seiko or Steinhart or a Squale not necessarily a Tag but i would use a pre- owned Tag as leverage to snag the bigger boys but always at a net loss[​IMG]

Edited Nov 1, 2016
  6. Hkolka Nov 1, 2016

That was my original intent with the Tag if I found out it kept some sort of resale value. I wanted to use it as a trade + cash for a seamaster if I could get it cheap enough. Speaking of college, its a weird place where some of my classmates wear movado/fossil then the other half Rolexes.