Forums Latest Members
  1. marina Apr 21, 2019

Hello,

This watch belonged to my mom - she received it probably in the mid to late 70s. She didn't wear it too often - it's been stored in a box majority of the time. It's never been serviced and has all original parts. It keeps time accurately. I couldn't find it in the Omega database. First year this model was manufactured was 1974 according to the serial number. The following is the information from the back:

• serial #38485864
    • Caliber 625
    • 511.0375 (don't know what this number is)
    • 20 MICRONS (does this mean it's 14K yellow gold-plated?)

I found 3 sites that sold this model - though I'm not sure if the plating on these three is the same as my mom's watch:

Wimbledon Watches

Love Antiques - I contacted them to find out the sell price but they didn't provide it - though she did say it listed for 725 euros.

Ebay UKPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I'm hoping you can see the condition well enough from the pictures. I'll be selling this but don't know what to price it and would appreciate feedback.

Thank you!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg
  2. Davidt Apr 21, 2019

You're not going to get a huge price I'm afraid. Its generally men who collect vintage watches so vintage women's watches aren't highly sought after. Add to this that's it's from the 70's which isn't particularly fashionable right now.

As a private seller you'd probably be lucky to get $200.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 21, 2019

If you type Omega 511.0375 into Google and then look at all of the images similar to your watch, then follow the links to auctions, sales etc you will get an idea of what is being asked, but not always attained.

While there may not be a huge collector market chasing your watch, it will appeal to somebody who just likes the look of it.

A sale on eBay will find the true value if the watch and history is described properly and good photographs are provided.

marina and connieseamaster like this.
  4. marina Apr 21, 2019

Thanks for your help - greatly appreciate it!

5. marina Apr 21, 2019

Thank you!