Forums Latest Members
  1. Marked Time Jan 14, 2015

Good afternoon all. New member here, hoping for some guidance on how to price a watch I am considering selling. It is an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2803.33.00. I purchased the watch in 2006 to use as a daily driver, but it never saw very much wrist time at alI, because frankly, I never really loved it the way I thought I would. Consequently, I gave it to my father, who didn't really like it either, since it was too big for him.

I am now seriously considering selling the watch. It is in excellent condition, with some normal wear on the inside of the alligator strap. I have the original Omega papers and manual, but my Dad somehow contrived to lose the box, so no box. I would greatly appreciate any advice on an appropriate asking price. I have posted a picture of the exact model of the watch below, but this isn't my actual watch (it is at my folks' house, so I don't have photos yet), although my watch is in the same excellent condition as the one in the picture.

***EDIT*** I now have pictures of the my actual watch, front and back attached below, as suggested. Thanks.

Thanks in advance,

MT

IMG_0423.jpeg IMG_0087.jpeg

Edited Jan 14, 2015
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2015

I would suggest that you repost with images of the actual watch, front and back. Thank you.

Geo! likes this.
  3. Marked Time Jan 14, 2015

Photos of the actual watch now in the original post, above. Thanks for the advice.

4. repoman Jan 14, 2015

Something you can do which will get you in the ballpark, is look at ebay sales (go to advanced search, enter your model number to search by, then select "sold listings", and see what recent sales have looked like. Sites like watchrecon.com can also be helpful.

5. Marked Time Jan 14, 2015

Thanks, I have had a look at both sites you suggested, and while I have been unable to find the exact model, I have seen very similar models, which have given me an idea of where to start. Thanks again.

6. Mothra Jan 15, 2015

Where are you located? It can make a difference...

7. Marked Time Jan 15, 2015

I am in TX...

8. yinzerniner Jan 20, 2015

First off, very nice piece. Love the combo of brown leather with the light face and blue hands.
    Secondly, I think it would be worth your time and effort just to pick up a box and also the card wallet if you lost that as well. Since those items don't have serial numbers but are part of the package it will give prospective buyers peace of mind that they're getting the "full set."
    If you acquire those items I would price it anywhere between $2200-2500. I've seen the same piece as yours but with bracelet usually sell around $2400-2700, so depending on the condition of the leather bracelet I think it's a fair price.
    Best of luck.

9. Marked Time Jan 20, 2015

Thanks very much for your reply and the kind words about the watch. I have the cards and the card wallet, just not the box; I may well pick one up now…
    I really appreciate your feedback on the price point, it is fairly similar to what I had been thinking. I also saw the exact model, but with a steel bracelet, sell for $2,750 on another forum recently and that watch was not in as good condition as this one.

Thanks again,

MT

10. datniche27 Jan 26, 2015

I think you can pull $2600. These are highly desirable, there's always someone who wants one and not always one for sale.

11. Marked Time Jan 27, 2015

Thanks for your reply. The price you mentioned is fairly consistent with other research I have done. I am currently having the watch serviced and then it will be up for sale!

Thanks again,

MT

12. Marked Time Mar 4, 2015

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 4, 2015

The reference is a 28033300...shown on your card and I confirmed that reference via the serial number on the watch on the Omega Extranet...

Cheers, Al

14. ctpete Mar 4, 2015

Beautiful watch. I am really starting to gravitate back towards leather straps. Very elegant.

15. Marked Time Mar 4, 2015

Thank you very much for pointing that out, my mistake! I will get that corrected.

Best,

MT