Forums Latest Members

price/value question on datejust.

1. davidswiss Jul 1, 2016

My usual interest is in Omega watches but I've seen, in Italy, a 17year old Datejust in 18k with gold with coloured dial in worn, but not badly worn, condition with info that it was recently serviced by Rolex Italy. It's a head only, no bracelet.
    Any idea what the correct price should be ? All advice gratefully received.

2. gop76 Jul 1, 2016

Will be hard without pictures...

3. knvqn Jul 1, 2016

I think you'd do yourself, and everyone who can assist you, a favour by posting some pictures, or as a minimum thorough details of the watch. Otherwise a few minutes google/ebay searching will provide you a general price overview.

4. davidswiss Jul 1, 2016

Unfortunately I couldn't get any at the time I saw it. May be able to get some tomorrow.
    I tried the google route but it didn't lead me anywhere apart from some massively high cost London West end prices. Also tried auction house results without any luck.

5. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jul 1, 2016

Check eBay "sold listings" for 5 digit datejust.

My gut feeling 2-2.5k depending on condition,type of dial/index/bezel and general sex appeal.

OMGRLX and davidswiss like this.
  6. ulackfocus Jul 1, 2016

DateJusts are a dime a dozen.

Well, not literally one dime per dozen but it seems that way.

al128 likes this.
  7. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jul 3, 2016

But then again they are available for 60+ years and with so many dial/bezel/number iterations- those nearly need to be thought of as individual models.

That doesn't happen if you don't do a couple of things right... but I agree the ubiquitous 1980ies TT on a jubilee bracelet doesn't make me warm and fuzzy on the inside...

OMGRLX likes this.
  8. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jul 3, 2016

Yes, but a few of the vintage datejusts are total stunners, some of them connie grade.
    You know that, you had a great specimen yourself. :)

9. ulackfocus Jul 3, 2016

Actually, 2 - a two tone tuxedo dial as well as the salmon dial.

DateJusts are "rare" or "uncommon" or "sought after" according to the seller when you're buying one, and "ubiquitous" according to the buyer when you're selling one.

Foo2rama, West Slope and OMGRLX like this.
  10. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jul 3, 2016

Haha! Love it!
    I'll never sell mine, though-he's just perfect for me, just like his omega brethren in my rotation. :)

11. davidswiss Jul 4, 2016

I visited the shop on Saturday with camera only to find it closed. We drove back home on Sunday morning so I guess the chance is gone. I noticed it when visiting a jewellers to get something belonging to my wife fixed. It was lying behind some stuff and I asked about it. I was surprised at how attractive it was as it's not the sort of thing I'd normally look twice at. If I can get the jeweller to take some snaps I'll post them.