Forums Latest Members

Price rises at Churchill & wolff

1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Feb 20, 2015

Just checked C&W for the two watches I am trying to decide between and have seen they have put their prices up 10%. They were always the cheapest around it seemed. Shows what waiting gets you :-(
    The Speedy moonphase has risen £280 and the SMPc has risen £140.

2. GPac65 Feb 23, 2015

I'm sure I read Omega had increased prices in Euro currency countries to combat the rise of the Swiss Franc against the Euro after Swiss central bank removed currency link, leading to overnight gain of circa 20% in Swiss Franc against Euro. So I guess C & W are sourcing from AD's in Euro currency countries.

However i don't think UK prices have increased (yet) as GBP has not lost so much against the Swiss Franc.

I recently bought ( 1 month ago ) a PO 42 from a UK based AD and secured a 20% discount from list. That means that at current C & W pricing I would have only saved £100 on a grey market watch. Maybe worth trying a haggling with UK based AD. Cash in hand and a firm commitment to buy is a powerful incentive !

To clarify my definition of grey market is not direct from AD.

3. RupertThomas Feb 23, 2015

I bought a JLC reverso from C&W, and have purchases an Omega PO from them as well, they were happy to negotiate on price, contact them and see what they say.

GPac65 likes this.
  4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Feb 23, 2015

Yes I think it is because they are sourcing from the EU which has had price rises as opposed to the UK. Means the relative saving over RRP has been reduced

5. RupertThomas Feb 23, 2015

They are, you're right. Sure that RRP increase will eventually make its way to the UK anyway! Unfortunate but inevitable.