Forums Latest Members

SOLD PRICE DROP - Vintage Longines 18k ROSE GOLD Conquest ref. 9025-6 Cal. 291

1. tomvox1 May 1, 2018

LonginesConquest9025PG-lng copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-7 copy.JPG
    Up for sale is this beautiful circa early 1960s Longines Conquest reference 9025-6 in stunning 18 karat Rose Gold 3-piece water resistant case. This example features a beautiful matching rose gold dial with very cool, highly stylized markers and raised faceted track for eye-catching elegance on the wrist as well as the idiosyncratic framed date at "12." This Conquest is one of the classic mid-century Longines vintage dress models and is in Excellent original vintage condition overall, with a very nice case and fully intact blue-enameled "wave" caseback medallion intact. It is powered by the excellent in-house caliber 291 full-rotor automatic movement with date complication, one of Longines' finest movements back in the day. This long-lugged beauty is a classic gent's dress size at 35mm in diameter but definitely wears larger due to the large face and big wingspan. Additionally, I’ll be writing for an email certificate from Longines' excellent Heritage department so I’ll pass that along to the new owner once I receive it.

The asking price for this gorgeous pink gold vintage Longines Conquest is now further DROPPED to $3150 USD OBRO including fully insured FedEx worldwide shipping. Bank Wire preferred but Paypal is also OK with split fees (+2% to the buyer). Other payment options upon application. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

LonginesConquest9025PG-Master.JPG
    LonginesConquest9025PG-2b copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-6 copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-4 copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-2 copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-bk2 copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-move2 copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-move3 copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-innrbk copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-crwn copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-sd copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-sun2 copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-wrst copy.JPG LonginesConquest9025PG-5 copy2.JPG

CASE & BEZEL: 3-piece Calatrava-style 18k rose gold case with slim press-on bezel and screwed back in the classic men's dress size of 35mm wide (not including crown) by a quite substantial 43mm long. The long, downward sloping straight lugs appear to me to have been polished though the chamfers are still visible. There are marks from wear but no major dings or nicks, Excellent+ previously polished vintage condition. The original hallmarks for gold are still crisp and present under their respective lugs. The bezel also may have been lightly detailed but it shows its original bevel with only minor marks from wear and is actually quite sharp. The back is dedication-free and shows one or two minor scratches from poor opening technique though nothing too bad -- Excellent cosmetic condition. The original "LONGINES - AUTOMATIC - WATERPROOF" golden medallion with wave logo and blue enamel highlights is wonderfully intact and complete after something like 55 years. The inner back is corrosion-free with all correct Longines nomenclature of the period including the appropriate model number for this type of rose gold-cased cal. 291 Conquest, ref. 9025-6, as well as the correct metal "gasket" for water resistance when properly screwed in.

DIAL & HANDS: Beautiful matching rose gold dial with brushed sunburst pattern and eccentric faceted bar & coffin style markers surrounded by a fantastic geometric raised gold track with framed date aperture is at "12". Absolutely one of the coolest and most unusual dial layouts out there. Certainly a design classic by Longines and reserved for their solid gold models, AFAIK. While this is thicker dial print than is sometimes seen I believe it to be factory original as the serifs and other small details seem correct to me, including the distinctive swirls of the “Conquest” signature, the placement of the three stars and the SWISS MADE below “6”. There is a scratch to the “G” in LONGINES that at first appears like a printing flaw, as it has distorted some of the paint, but can be seen at an angle with close louping. The dial does show some other small imperfections to the surface visible under a loupe but this hardly detracts from its beauty on the wrist. By my strict standards, I rate this dial as in Excellent vintage condition. The matching non-luminous rose gold hands with distinctive "pointer"-style tips are likewise Excellent with minor signs of aging and match the dial in tone perfectly. A remarkably unique dial layout and unquestionably one of the most distinctive and handsome in the vintage watch world!

CROWN: Correct Longines-signed small knurled pink clad crown has mild surface wear but sits flush to the case, winds smoothly and pulls out to the time setting position, as it should.

CRYSTAL: Nicely domed acrylic crystal is very clean with only minor wear, Near Mint.

MOVEMENT: Ticking away inside is the excellent in-house Longines cal. 291 24-jewel automatic movement with shock protection, semi-quickset date function and 11 million serial number, which should date it to the early 1960s. This was a very advanced movement at the time, borderline revolutionary really, with a number of technological innovations proprietary to Longines, such as highly efficient and durable pawl wheels among other features. While the inner back bears a service mark for 10/17 the work wasn't done by my watchmaker so I can’t guarantee it. However, this Conquest is keeping excellent time with strong power reserve and proper semi-quickset date operation, as well as normal changeover around 12AM. This is guaranteed to be the case at the time of shipping;

BAND: This classic Longines comes on a brand new dark brown deBeer Paris leather strap with matte finish and generic but matching pink plated buckle. This watch takes 18mm straps.

As a matter of policy, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great vintage Longines is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

Edited May 21, 2018
  2. Brook May 2, 2018

GLWS Tom, it's a beauty.

tomvox1 likes this.
  3. tomvox1 May 4, 2018

Rose colored Bump

4. tomvox1 May 8, 2018

TTT

5. tomvox1 May 15, 2018

Now further REDUCED!

6. tomvox1 May 17, 2018

For full disclosure here is Longines Heritage's recently received reply to my query about this watch in which they cite a potential "replaced back."
    However, as I have surmised through my own research there do not appear to be any Conquests with "9027" engraved inside the backs -- IMO, the "7" suffix is a designation for the Deluxe gold dial models for catalogs, printed advertising and Longines' internal records but not actually found stamped on the watches themselves. All of the deluxe Conquests of this style (with date) that I have seen appear to be stamped 9025-x just like mine here (and later 9045-x -- likewise I don't think there are any stamped "9047" despite there being Longines records for them). More in the Longines forum if you are interested.
    Of course YMMV and happy to be corrected! ;)
    Best,
    T.

Longines9025RG-cert_edit.jpg

dougiedude, Kreindog24 and khmt2 like this.
  7. tomvox1 May 20, 2018

TTT

8. tomvox1 May 22, 2018

Asking price now further DROPPED!