Price Advice on Omega and Rolex Oyster Perpetual

So I’m trying to buy these two watches off someone and considering the condition I wanted to know what would be a reasonable price to give for them. I don’t have much more info on them apart from the pictures. The owner recently passed away and the papers are no where to be found for the Omega. They Oyster has the box and a certificate but I don’t know from which year they’re from. I’m probably going to have to service both after I buy them, especially the Omega since it’s pretty banged up.

Rolex was made 1971-2, and the date of purchase was 1978 ( its written on the certificate)

look at HQ Milton for what these are selling for currently (the certificate and box will add $500 or so more)

All the info on the Omega is inside the watch - serial number will be on the movement, and the watch ref number is on the inside of the case back

Rolex was made 1971-2, and the date of purchase was 1978 ( its written on the certificate)

look at HQ Milton for what these are selling for currently (the certificate and box will add $500 or so more)

All the info on the Omega is inside the watch - serial number will be on the movement, and the watch ref number is on the inside of the case back
Thank you

The Rolex has value, but the case appears to be very worn and the bracelet looks totally thrashed. It's the most common entry-level reference, and only 34mm. I wouldn't suggest paying more than $1,500 given the condition. I don't think that the papers add much value to this watch TBH. Papers add a lot when you're talking about a really collectible reference, like a vintage Sub or GMT, but this reference isn't really of great interest to collectors.

Unfortunately the rust spots on the dial pretty much kill the value of the Omega IMO. Since they are looking to sell both, maybe throw in another $100-$200 and hopefully you won't lose money on it.

Before turning over your hard-earned money, I'd suggest taking a step back and asking yourself if you really want to buy these watches.

Your Rolex service will likely be $1000+ based on the wear on the bracelet. So keep that in mind. Omega is a non starter... you have to replace the dial.

The Rolex has value, but the case appears to be very worn and the bracelet looks totally thrashed. It's the most common entry-level reference, and only 34mm. I wouldn't suggest paying more than $1,500 given the condition. I don't think that the papers add much value to this watch TBH.

I respectfully disagree. Especially on the condition of the case and bracelet, and value. I would pay up to $2000 for it any day and I think the condition is quite nice for the year. A good cleaning of the bracelet and watch head along with polishing the acrylic will make all the difference in the world. The original cert and box would definitely make this a very tasty piece.

Rolex reference 1500 movement is easy to service with every experienced watchmaker.if parts are needed, there are plenty on the Bay. I would expect US $ 500 for the mvmt. Service. New crystal around 80. Band still works, so clean that up and keep. Light polish will do and you have a small size, but reliable watch. The Omega, without seeing the inside , will be around 200. Good luck. Btw: Andreas Huber Rolex AD still exists in Munich. Kind regards. Achim

I respectfully disagree. Especially on the condition of the case and bracelet, and value. I would pay up to $2000 for it any day and I think the condition is quite nice for the year. A good cleaning of the bracelet and watch head along with polishing the acrylic will make all the difference in the world. The original cert and box would definitely make this a very tasty piece.

I don't doubt that it could sell for $2k, but there are some condition issues that bother me personally (noticeable flaw on central part of dial, bad gouges on bracelet), so I put a lower value on it for myself. I've highlighted them in this blown up photo.

I don't doubt that it could sell for $2k, but there are some condition issues that bother me personally (noticeable flaw on central part of dial, bad gouges on bracelet), so I put a lower value on it for myself. I've highlighted them in this blown up photo.

I still think the bracelet might clean up decently but I admit I might have mistook that mark as being on the acrylic and you might be right as it could be on the dial. That would be a $200 to $250 additional expense to replace as I wouldn't be able to put up with it.

I still think, that mark is on the crystal. The dial condition is good, so that mark beeing on the dial , does not make much sense. But the OP is the only one to confirm. Kind regards. Achim