Forums Latest Members

Pretty unique 60's Omega 14K gold watch?!?

1. ColonelZap Feb 26, 2016

Hi everyone, I'm new here. If I am doing anything wrong here, please let me know.

First of all, I am not a collector, I just happen to own this Omega watch and I'd like to find out more about it. Of course I've searched the internet, I also consulted Facebook groups, so far I wasn't able to find this EXACT model. I found similar watches but something was always slightly different, the bezel, the watch face, the material, or whatever.

I am guessing this watch was produced in 1962 and it was made for the US market.

So, what do you think? Have you ever seen this EXACT model before? Maybe somebody even owns one? On Facebook somebody commented and I quote:

"...I have seen 1000's of Omega watches but nothing like this..Unique is an understatement!!..."

Any input is very much appreciated. Thanks :)

Omega1.jpg Omega2.jpg deckel.jpg innen.jpg Omega3.jpg 20160226093218330.jpg

Sameh likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 26, 2016

Its a Norman Morris creation, they were the US importer for Omega and brought in watches as just dials and movements then had their own third party cases made by local manufacturers. As a result there's a huge number of variations all similar but slightly different among these 14K US market cases.

ColonelZap likes this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 26, 2016

Hello and welcome.
    It is great to see you've done some research. Yes, you are correct, it is a US model.

As I'm writing, I see @dsio has responded. So I will just say "ditto"

ColonelZap likes this.
  4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 26, 2016

What I will add is that even though this EXACT watch is fairly uncommon, that doesn't make it super valuable.

US cased omegas are not as valuable as their Swiss made counterparts.

A very nice watch. Wear in good health!

ColonelZap likes this.
  5. ColonelZap Feb 26, 2016

Wow, that was fast! Thank you so much for your input :) This is the first time I've heard of a "Norman Morris creation" :)

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 26, 2016

7. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2016

I'm particular to a nice Florentine case finish....:)

image.jpg
    ColonelZap likes this.