Presentation of my first vintage Omega/information request included

Hi guys. Here below my first vintage Omega. Its my dad's, and, as it has happened with some of you, I guess, getting a family watch has make an interest grow, brought me into this forum and start the hobby. In the past weeks, after all the reading and kind help from some members, I made my first purchase of a vintage Seamaster. That makes my second piece of my two piece collection, but that one will come in another thread.
So far I'd like to introduce you to this one. I only know my dad bought it sometime between 1958-1961, that it was pre owned at that time and that he has been servicing it and wearing regularly until a couple of months ago when he said he would be happy if I use it. Gold summer bracelet was made to measure and a gift from a friend jeweller.
Usually you guys give a lot of information about your pieces, and then exchange opinions, etc. Im my case, as a total newbie, I have little to say and a lot to ask. I hope in some time it can the other way round.
I'd like to learn more about the watch, just for the sake of information and knowledge, no interest in monetary value whatsoever, but I dont know really where to start. I'd appretiate your expertise identifying the model, movement, possible year of fabrication or any other information to help me make a story out of the piece.
I am very curious about the meaning of the seals inside the case. There are also a couple of seals outside the case. Tried to make a detailed picture of each one. I can cope, If thats the case, with any redial, modifications, non original parts, etc or any other disasters that I read around. I love it and will wear it proudly anyway.
Thanks @Tritium for the help opening the case. Don´t blame me for the pictures, made an effort and hope I will improve that ...
Regarding more info I can give about it: it has 36mm without crown and 20mm lugs. Keeps time really well.
Thanks in advance

Wow - I guess your dad must really like you! I'm sure others will chime in with knowledge, but here's a starter. The lady's head stamped inside the caseback is "Helvetia", the Swiss official hallmark for 18kt gold (i.e. 75% = 0.75 as it also says). The key symbol with "29" in it is called the "Poinçon de Maître", the mark of the Swiss casemaker in question. This particular mark signifies Weber et Cie SA. They did a beautiful job on this case imho. Nice one!
Edited:

Wow - I guess your dad must really like you! I'm sure others will chime in with knowledge, but here's a starter. The lady's head stamped inside the caseback is "Helvetia", the Swiss official hallmark for 18kt gold (i.e. 75% = 0.75 as it also says). The key symbol with "29" in it is called the "Poinçon de Maître", the Swiss casemaker. This particular mark signifies Weber et Cie SA. They did a beautiful job on this case imho. Nice one!
Thanks a lot. Nice starter!

I know very little to nothing about your watch, but it looks beautiful, and must be all the more special because of its ownership.

It has a 30T2 calibre, which is one of the best manual wind movements ever made by Omega. It was made sometime around 1945-46 according to the serial number. A beautiful watch. The bracelet is beautiful and an acquaintance of mine has one that is very similar in white gold on a early 60’s Zenith that was given to him by his aunt in Italy. I have always admired it.

It has a 30T2 calibre, which is one of the best manual wind movements ever made by Omega. It was made sometime around 1945-46 according to the serial number. A beautiful watch. The bracelet is beautiful and an acquaintance of mine has one that is very similar in white gold on a early 60’s Zenith that was given to him by his aunt in Italy. I have always admired it.
Nice! More key data for further research. By the way, bracelet is very rigid indeed but it's remarkably comfortable. Too shiny maybe for most occasions so I swap between brown dressy leather

Once the movement is identified and after reading contradictory opinions about this a doubt comes to mind: is it better for an such an old movement like 30T2 to keep it running regularly or just a couple of days a week, as I normally do, is enough to keep it fit? Besides, is it true that its better just to wind a few rounds, never approaching the limit of the crown manual winding? Thanks!

Once the movement is identified and after reading contradictory opinions about this a doubt comes to mind: is it better for an such an old movement like 30T2 to keep it running regularly or just a couple of days a week, as I normally do, is enough to keep it fit? Besides, is it true that its better just to wind a few rounds, never approaching the limit of the crown manual winding? Thanks!

Most importantly, if you are going to wind the watch, you should first have it serviced. Based on the position of the regulator, I am going to infer that it hasn't been serviced in the recent past.

With respect to wear. The more a watch runs, the more wear it will experience ... period. Unlike a car, there is no benefit to running a watch. So unless you are going to use the watch, there is no reason to wind it. When you wear it, wind it fully, that way it will keep the best time.

First of all, a great present from your father, which you will enjoy for long.

The movement is a 30T2 from approximately 1943-1944, needs a good service. It had humidity damage at some stage in the past, and I suspect the dial has been repainted in that occasion.

The case is particularly nice, very similar to ref. 2363 with those beautiful lugs.

You already know that the skeletal bracelet is not original (but a nice memory itself), try it on a classic flat lizard strap for an elegant evening.

If kept in a sealed box like a Pelican case (and you can get Pelican cases with watch holder inserts), then it can sit for a long time without winding.

As @Franco and @Dan S suggest, it probably needs a proper service. The humidity issue and repainting suspicion is likely to be right. My dad says when he bought it pre owned circa 1960 it had just been refurbished and looked like new so that would make sense. After that, it has been regularly fully serviced until some years ago when it only got a superficial cleaning and oiling.

If kept in a sealed box like a Pelican case (and you can get Pelican cases with watch holder inserts), then it can sit for a long time without winding.
Nice tip, thanks, will keep it in mind although this one I plan to use it on a leather strap every now and then. At least now that I'm so excited... if a moment comes to put at rest for some time your solution seems the best I can think of

Very nice. The dial has enough soft patina that it may have never been redone but I know very little about this era. A movement can have humidity tarnish without it necessarily severely affecting the dial depending on the dial type.

The very dark, crisp Omega symbol is slightly different in shape from the painted logo that was on factory dials of the 1940's. Combined with the very dark second track, I would say that the dial was repainted at some point before your father bought it. This was common practice back in the day, as was polishing of the case, and owners generally appreciated aesthetics over originality, unlike the collectors of today.

It is a lovely looking watch and the fact that it was your father's, you can wear it proudly - after you have it serviced.
Edited:

the watch looks great, unfortunately i do not know much about it. Hopefully some more experienced members can enlighten you.

Very nice. The dial has enough soft patina that it may have never been redone but I know very little about this era. A movement can have humidity tarnish without it necessarily severely affecting the dial depending on the dial type.

i don’ t think a dial could have come out of Bienne with two indices shorter.

33BF6F6C-B4A1-46C9-87D7-F12B0D80248E.jpeg

I agree and, as I mentioned before, this matches the story of the piece.
Anyway guys, it is so nice to hear so much feedback. It's really interesting to add facts and objective information to a piece with such emotional attachment to me

Yeah, good eye. All of the sub second dial indicies have sort of a hand painted look to them or some other method of application.