Forums Latest Members
  1. EdtheAussie Apr 30, 2018

This Pre-Moon Speedmaster just sold on eBay, for what I would think is a low amount (5700 USD)

Not sure if this has been discussed on the forum, but any thoughts on the low sale value? - if I had been watching closer I may have considered bidding! I know the dial is lume less(?) or appears so and the chronohand is incorrect, but the 1039 and 516's are a big plus.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Omega...J7dYNKiooPxFyHjRO3drU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. bgrisso Apr 30, 2018

With that chrono sweep hand, it kinda makes me wonder what else is messed up

3. airansun In the shuffling madness Apr 30, 2018

I somehow missed it.

But, aside from the wrong chrono hand, who busted up the case opening slots on the back?

The best part was the bezel. Somebody got a deal, assuming there aren’t other problems with the watch.

I can’t think of a time I ever bought a watch because of a bracelet, even in part.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 1, 2018

Serial seems late... I didn’t run it though.

5. roadsternet May 1, 2018

Serial and bracelet date are ok.
    But the chrono hand,wromg parts drops often in ebay good items down.

EdtheAussie likes this.
  6. MaiLollo May 1, 2018

I wanted to bid on it, but it ended late at night, so ciao Bella!
    It's a nice speedy as far as I'm concerned, movement is not only pretty clean but would also be OK with a DNN so the guy who got it will make a killing if he flips the bracelet, the bezel and the watch with a DNN & correct seconds hand. I'm not in this business though.

7. Dan S May 1, 2018

I missed it. The seller made a big mistake by omitting the ref # from the auction title.

Edited May 1, 2018
    EdtheAussie likes this.
  8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 1, 2018

For reference, the price chart puts a Good with do90 at 6800, head only. So yeah, good buy by the looks of it.

eugeneandresson and EdtheAussie like this.