Forums Latest Members

Predilection to wear 2 or more wrist watches

1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Oct 1, 2017

Omega forum members know that Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin wears 2 or three Omega Speedmaster chronographs on a single wrist. Other people like to wear 2 or more watches at the same time...
    General Norman Schwartzkopf, Footballer Maradonna, the actor Richard Grant, and of course the late Nicolas Hayek co-founder of the Swatch Group... were regularly seen wearing a pair of wrist watches.
    Some watch aficionados only wear two watches at (vintage watch) events... O.K. for keeping track in two time zones, but otherwise why would You wear two watches ?
    :thumbsdown:

2. Canuck Oct 1, 2017

::confused2:: Doesn’t everybody? Today, I will wear two wrist watches, and a pocket watch! The wrist watches are two of my own, and the pocket watch is one a friend made the mistake of buying on eBay. I have just admonished him for having bought the cheapest Hamilton 992B that was offered on fleabay, and he has just paid me far too much money to salvage it for him. He wants it to keep railroad time!

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  3. Fatcat Oct 1, 2017

To be shure if the continium space time alter one of the watches we have the good time :))))

6831F34F-C524-413D-A56C-618B2BFFE1B1.jpeg
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 1, 2017

No, its just weird and Castro used to do it also but he's weird too.

isaac.owen.nz likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 1, 2017

For the record Swartchkoph only did it while he was in Iraq. 1 watch was local time the other was D.C. Time.

6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Oct 1, 2017

I've got a friend who keeps taking that "lesson" on, he's purchased many fine looking and rare railway watches off ebay and at flea markets and most have been absolute junk.

One he took to the local watchmaker had a balance and balance bridge out of a different make of watch. The bridge was filed to the correct height and held the staff at a slight angle... it was amazing that it ran at all and no surprise that it kept crappy time and stopped frequently. It cost him a lot and went in the bin in the end.

7. craigbythesea Oct 1, 2017

Wore 2 to a collector's meeting. Good for easy viewing, sharing and security but it felt wrong. At work before the meet I was getting strange views. Would do it for a meet, you can never have to many, but not sure otherwise.

kov and Foo2rama like this.
  8. AnotherDon Oct 1, 2017

"A man with one watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never quite sure." -- An Old Sage

:D

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 1, 2017

I think the Mad Dog does it too. One tell the time, one to keep track of the Macgyverette :unsure:

10. cvera Oct 1, 2017

I'd wear two watches going through the airport only because I've had a watch stolen out of my bag in the past. I would take the weird looks over losing another watch.

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  11. Mozziebite Oct 1, 2017

I once saw an old guy in Vegas wearing two hats. It was just, well, wrong... :unsure:

craigbythesea and Ssunnylee24 like this.
  12. Ssunnylee24 Oct 1, 2017

I cant understand people wearing two watches, one on each wrist, on a regular daily basis.

13. Canuck Oct 1, 2017

So many watches. So few wrists.:D

Mad Dog, kov and Pun like this.
  14. panic k. Oct 2, 2017

lol never. but the airport thing is a good idea..

15. craigbythesea Oct 3, 2017

The other thing is - synchronizing them - if they weren't perfectly sync'd I think I would go mad - Yes I am an obsessive complusive

16. panaitchrono Oct 5, 2017

I love watches but I will not were two of them at same time...maybe if I would be a Hollywood star I'll wear :)

17. silversnopy13 Oct 5, 2017

I do my best to wear two, three, and or four watches when I go to the OB. I always wear my Silver Snoopy plus one or more watches when I am in the OB that I go to when traveling. I also like to take watch pictures with the OB employees and then send them copies of the photos. The two most common things asked at the Scottsdale OB near to where I live are Where is Michael Phelps and Do you have a Silver Snoopy. Michael Phelps lives in Paradise Valley which is next to Scottsdale and does come in often. I have never seen him at the store and therefore wear my Silver Snoopy in the event that someone would like to see it or even try it on at the store.

18. Watchmutt Oct 5, 2017

Its hard enough trying to not scratch one watch. But two, that would be maddening.

Euxinus likes this.
  19. silversnopy13 Oct 5, 2017

When I wear two watches, I wear one on each wrist. When I wear three or four watches, one or two have NATO straps which allows me to adjust the placement of the watch on my wrists. Sometimes, the watches have the adjustable strap like on the Silver Snoopy which I then loosen or tighten on my wrist when wearing two watches on the same wrist.

20. Speedy_Gonzales Oct 6, 2017

Anyone remember the classic Wayans bros movie Mo' money? There is a shopping spree scene in which Marlon wears a watch on his right ankle. When I was young I seriously thought about trying it.