Forums Latest Members

Precision Watch Works in Boston - Any Positive Experiences?

1. ffej4 Survey Man Sep 24, 2018

I am looking to service my SM300, and am deciding between the options of sending it straight to Omega, sending it to an Omega-qualified watchmaker, or sending it to an independent repair hub.

I’ve been looking into Precision Watch Works, but they don’t have a ton of reviews on the web. The watchmaker has had the Omega Co-Axial training, has an Omega parts account, and has been in the business for over 25 years.

Any thoughts and/or experiences are welcome. Thanks a ton!

2. ffej4 Survey Man Sep 25, 2018

Morning bump - hoping to find someone who has good things to say :)

3. ac106 Sep 25, 2018

Hi

I am from Boston also and never heard of them but I like what i read on their website: Omega parts account, Co-axial cert etc.

Which SM300? if its a co-axial?

ffej4 likes this.
  4. ffej4 Survey Man Sep 25, 2018

It’s a vintage SM300, I think likely a WatchCo build, but it has a 165.024 case stamp so I’m assuming he would service it without issue.

Your train of thought is exactly the same as mine. I would imagine the service would be above average given all of his qualifications.

Out of curiosity, do you (or does anyone else) know if the warranty is actually provided BY Omega or by the watchmaker if the watchmaker is Omega-qualified?

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 25, 2018

Only an official Omega service center offers an Omega warranty...

ffej4 likes this.
  6. ffej4 Survey Man Sep 25, 2018

Thanks, Al. Was going to ask you, but I’ve bothered you enough lately. I appreciate your master input. :)