Forums Latest Members

Pre owned Omega purchase USA.

1. colourbounce Apr 29, 2016

Hi all, I am taking a holiday in the US mid July, and am thinking of using the trip to buy a watch. I am due to stay in both Key West and then up in Minnesota. Would anyone knowing either area, be able to advise where I may find a good pre owned seller please?

2. Baco Noir Apr 29, 2016

DavidSW (http://davidsw.com) is in Orlando. If you see something on his site, you could contact him and see if he'd meet you 1/2 way. It's about a 7 hour drive between Key West and Orlando.

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2016

Don't buy anything in Key West. It's a tourist trap. I say this as I sit here in Key West. My in laws lived here 25 years.

4. colourbounce Apr 29, 2016

Many thanks both, exactly the kind of info I am looking for.

5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2016

However Key West is lovely for many many many reasons. Just don't buy watches or jewelry. Fish tacos at Garbos Grill for instance! I love the place but it was more fun when the Navy was still here. More precious now. You will have a fine time.

6. colourbounce Apr 29, 2016

Thanks Larry, can't wait to get out there. We booked a hotel just off Duval Street, on the beach. Is that where it all happens? Looks a lovely place to holiday for a while.

7. sky21 Apr 29, 2016

Just make sure to keep to the North end of Duval during your nightly escapades!!

8. colourbounce Apr 29, 2016

I daren't ask what happens in the South!

9. sky21 Apr 29, 2016

That's the more alternative lifestyle section that Key West is famous for!!

10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2016

Rent bikes. Eaton Bikes will deliver and pick up. Duval is the main strip with all the bars. It will be quieter than high season. Ft Taylor has nice beach. I think I know where you are staying near southernmost point and those hotels have good beaches. Make sure you bring aqua shoes. Beaches are mostly coral chunks. Best beach is Bahia Honda St park about an hour north of Key West. I would reccomend a kayak tour. Regardless beautiful town and lots of nice restaurants. Let Yelp and Trip Advisor be your guide but don't miss Garbos.

11. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2016

Loo Key for Snorkling ... Near Bahia Honda. Or Seaplane to Ft Jefferson. amazing reef there. Don't miss the KW garden club at East Martello. Blue Heaven, El Sibone, so many great bars and restaurants. My wife and I still love this place. We are chartering a sailing cat out to ft Jefferson with friends this trip.

12. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2016

Oh yea ... You will be over south Duval St after one evening. Hit Mallory Square for sunset, Sloppy Joes because you have to. Green Parrot on Whitehead is a real bar.

13. colourbounce Apr 30, 2016

Thanks all. Looking forward to some time there, though the watch purchase will have to wait.