Forums Latest Members

Pre-Moon-1967-68-Watch-Cal-321-All-Original-Parts - really?

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 26, 2014

2. ulackfocus Jan 26, 2014

Again, somebody who doesn't know the difference between "original" and "authentic". :cautious: Or they do, and want to make more money by hopefully duping a n00b.

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 26, 2014

err....and the case. That's a service case. So the whole watch probably started out as a seamaster.

4. pascs Jan 26, 2014

Plenty of profit to be made in selling those sort of watches to the unsuspecting. They could have at least put a metal logo dial on :p

5. lando Jan 26, 2014

"Tons of history on this watch."

Well, I'd say, that all the history this watch once had is now gone... (of course one can see this different, if you consider replacing parts as adding to its history, in that the history is getting longer ;))

6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jan 26, 2014

What are we making fun of? Tons of history? YES!!!

No really. think about it. many parts of this watch started in an entirely different place or lived another life on another watch! What history!

Here's a bit of Seamaster, here's a service part from that dealer in Sweden (the one who makes 20,000 euro 30T2 Svenska Luftwaffe watches) and here's a piece that may have one been part of the same watch that the crown originally came from before it was removed after the incident at the motel involving the goat and the marmalade...... the one that ended up on you tube......

and is that some Timex bits I see...... ooooooooooo. cool!

Makes my old 352 bumper seem so boring with its tired looking original parts and total lack of history.

lando likes this.