Forums Latest Members

SOLD Pre-1930 Waltham wire lug wristwatch in Rose Gold.

1. ulackfocus Jun 26, 2018

Hi everyone!

This listing could actually be for two watches if you buy (not "source" as that would be too expensive :p ) a crown & crystal. Here's a shot of the entire package:

[​IMG]

One watch is complete as shown above. It has a gorgeous near-perfect red-12 dial, a 10K rose gold filled 33mm Wadsworth case, a nicely decorated movement from the early 1900's (teens maybe?), blued hands, and even a matching rose gold buckle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The problem is I've never completed this project, so I don't know how well the watch will run once it's properly serviced. It does wind & set correctly. The entire lot has been sitting in my "to do" box.

Included is a spare movement that does have a dial on it that also has blued hands and is in nice shape:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For good measure, here's a mint dial added to sweeten the pot:

[​IMG]

As if that wasn't enough, the spare case is solid 9k gold as you can see by the hallmarks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm even throwing in an extra brand new leather strap made for these wire lug cases:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contact via PM here ONLY. Price for the whole kit & caboodle is $400, which includes USPS shipping within the CONUS. I do not ask buyers to cover PayPal fees if you wish to pay that way, nor does the price mean net to me - you send me the funds whichever way we agree, and I'll absorb the fees.

Thanks for looking!

2. gostang9 Jun 26, 2018

Do not see a pic of the caboodle... am I missing something? GLWS.

3. ulackfocus Jun 26, 2018

Ran out of space. I'll be sure to include it in the box once we figure out exactly what a caboodle is. Maybe it's a Poodle that drinks Cabernet Sauvignon? I don't think the Post Office would accept a box full of drunken curly haired dog with a watch on it's paw.

Syrte, chanbar, felsby and 1 other person like this.
  4. ulackfocus Jun 26, 2018

Well, guess we'll have to create a thread to debate what a caboodle is because this watch has been claimed. Awaiting payment (hence the OHPF nomenclature - the official ΩF notice that you snoozed and loozed yet again :p ) from a member.

aap likes this.
  5. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Jun 26, 2018

CdnWatchDoc and ulackfocus like this.
  6. ulackfocus Jun 26, 2018

It's now official - payment received, watch is sold!

Thank you ΩFs!

Deafboy likes this.
  7. CdnWatchDoc Jun 26, 2018

Great looking kit! Congrats to seller and buyer

ulackfocus likes this.
  8. wristpirate Jun 27, 2018

@ulackfocus Skirting the rules by listing two watches on one advert :p

9. staristheanswer Jun 27, 2018

Everything in this world is about knowing the right persons and you can do whatever you want.Literally ;)
    Congrats to the buyer and the seller.
    That was a fast selling but also a great deal of good looking watches :eek:

10. gostang9 Jun 27, 2018

Two watches, a kit, AND a caboodle... and we have no idea how much he even wanted ‘net to him’.

11. ulackfocus Jun 27, 2018

I think "nuts to me" would be a more appropriate phrase. However, just imagine what $400 worth of acorns would look like.

Acorn$$$.png

Syrte, jimmyd13, Flatfoot and 5 others like this.