Forums Latest Members
  1. Noodia May 20, 2014

A couple of days ago, I've crossed this Jaeger chronograph powered by a 285 Caliber I've never seen anywhere before

[​IMG]

the 37 mm diameter cushion case was really attractive to me.

I'm no Jaeger expert but some friends who are said this one seems fully correct.

Thought it could be worthy to share that one here for the record.

Best,

Laurent

HeuerLoon, Gavin, dsio and 3 others like this.
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 21, 2014

A remarkable find, this one is new to me too. Did you acquire it for the Noodia Collection? How is the inside of the caseback marked? Does it have serial and reference numbers, or too early for the latter?

3. Noodia May 21, 2014

This one was just one among many others highly interesting pieces, unfortunately this is the only shot I have and I did not look at the inner case back and numbers ::facepalm1::
    Asking price was insane, it'll stay some more years in the seller's drawer :(

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 21, 2014

I'm sure of that!

Nevertheless, an interesting piece - that case makes me think of Minerva.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 21, 2014

Your friends are right.

I'm not surprised. These are extremely rare with the cushion case. The case number should correspond to the standard UG numbering system. I've seen some with the UG "Enversteel" logo inside.

A fantastic find!
    gatorcpa

6. Noodia May 21, 2014

This cushion case is litterally outstanding to my eyes, it shows many crispy edges that make it beautiful and sophisticated at the same time, a true piece of art, but there are limits for everything.
    One of my friends seemed to recall one that remained unsold at the Artcurial Jaeger auction held in 2009 in Paris with a highest bid at 8 K€ (I've not been able to find it on the online auction remaining catalog though).
    The asking price was way higher here...

unquestionably one of my most beautiful no

7. bubawatch Jun 1, 2014

Beautiful this case, model carre galbe '
    years ' 30
    Congratulations!
    A.