Forums Latest Members
  1. NS120780 Oct 15, 2018

Hi all, I just purchased a new speedmaster with the 9300 caliber movement. I wore the watch for the first and only time on Saturday put it away on Saturday night and haven’t touched it since.
    Today (monday) I see the watch stopped running at 6pm which per my math is roughly 40 hours. The movement has a 60 hour reserve per the manual. I wound the watch a few times when I wore it on Saturday but assumed wearing it for a day would bring it to full power and I don’t know of any other way of knowing if it’s fully wound.
    How would I know if I have a power reserve issue? I expected the watch to continue running until Tuesday.

Thanks I’m advance for reading

2. zrleopold Oct 15, 2018

I suspect it was not fully wound on Saturday. I would give it at least 30 or 40 winds, wear it for a day and then observe the power reserve. Often wearing the watch is enough to keep it wound, but winding it "a few times" as you mention probably isn't enough of a starting point to assume it will will be fully wound at the end of the day...unless you were constantly flailing your arms around.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. zrleopold Oct 15, 2018

Also there are definitely some other threads on here with similar questions. Give them a look to find answers of some more knowledgeable members!

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 15, 2018

I see nothing odd. Give it 40 or so turns or when you here it make a slightly different sound then let it sit. You can’t over wind it.

Sounds like not fully wound.

superfly and JamieG like this.
  5. JamieG Oct 16, 2018

And other on power reserve. Once again: this is spot on

Foo2rama likes this.