Forums Latest Members

Potentially incoming Globemaster if all checks out?

1. DJG2645 Jan 19, 2021

Afternoon all,

I hope everyone is doing well!

I was hoping to check in and get some reassurance, I posted another thread recently as I was having some troubles with a C24 seller regarding delivery of this GM - the estimated delivery date passed by a few weeks and they were being really vague on when the watch would be available so I processed a refund with C24.

As if by magic the watch has appeared, I got an email from him last night saying it had finally arrived, and if I wanted to reconsider and deal with them directly then they would offer a reconsidered price £70 off (I wan't looking to make any savings and I was always happy to be patient I just wanted some clearer guidance on when it would be available, days, months, etc).

I think all looks good with the GM, I notice it looks like the protective wrapping has been removed from the bracelet but the bracelet looks good, it is being sold as new and has stickers on the case back. I have asked for another photo of the serial matching the papers/cards as they said it will be a 2021 warranty. Although I messaged first thing this morning asking for the additional picture of serial no. and warranty card and haven't heard back yet.

Would you kind folk have a look at the below pictures and highlight any red flags, it all looks fine to me, I am just being cautious and the missus actually said "why not ask your Forum, they seem like a nice bunch" so she does listen to all my watch waffle! :thumbsup:

Best wishes,
    Dave
    Globemaster 1.jpg Globemaster 2.jpg Globemaster 3.jpg

2. DJG2645 Jan 19, 2021

Just to add as well, they just video called me and all the stickers are present and correct.

Capt Cave Man and kaplan like this.
  3. dc_in_sf Jan 19, 2021

The watch may be fine and dandy, but I am not sure I'd be willing to give the seller another chance, especially if it involves bypassing the platform that just processed your refund...

DJG2645 likes this.
  4. Capt Cave Man Jan 19, 2021

I thought they may chase once it had arrived...

From what you previously mentioned you're getting the piece at a substantial discount vs. MSRP?

Purchasing directly you would be losing C24s escrow service and the option of returning if not as described. On the other side of the fence, they appear to have done everything they could and you mentioned the're a bricks & mortar as well so you could possibly return it if there are issues?

I suspect £70 is around what they would pay in C24 fees anyway. The usual applies here, buy the seller... your money, your choice.

It's early January, we're in lockdown and the UK is now out of the EU.

After all of the above, if your still comfortable with the seller, I'd think of it as a good will gesture on their part due to the delay in them receiving their delivery.

Wetworks likes this.
  5. DJG2645 Jan 19, 2021

@Capt Cave Man i suspected they would too & I am glad they have done so!

It does appear like they were hit by the DHL issue and rather than being up front about it they were trying to buy themselves time, but in the end they were really honest and admitted that was a mistake.

I can see how hard it is for all businesses at the moment with Covid and no longer being in the EU so I do really want to support Businesses as best I can. You're right this was up for £4700 which was the best I could find online for BNIB with a 2021 warranty.

Feeling much more comfortable after the video call with them so hopefully things will progress soon and in a positive way, I definitely still adore the Globemaster and will hopefully soon be a proud owner of one.

As always, thanks again all for the input! Such a great forum of knowledgeable people.

kaplan and Capt Cave Man like this.
  6. kaplan Jan 19, 2021

Thanks for the price info by the way

DJG2645 likes this.
  7. jeelan Jan 24, 2021

That’s a very low selling fee for Chrono24. It’s typically 6.5% of the value of the watch so either they are getting an exceptional fee due to potential volume from C24, OR they are not passing the full value of the savings to you. For the sake of GBP70 I’d be sticking with a platform with seller / buyer protection.

If the savings are more in the order of 5-6%, I’d be more willing to take a chance once ive considered other variables here....

DJG2645 likes this.
  8. shoppy Jan 24, 2021

Lovely watch I loved my blue globe master sold it as I could never quite get a comfortable fit. The dial is lovely and as the lights hit each facet of the dial it playfully changes colour. Quite mesmerising indeed.

DJG2645 likes this.
  9. DJG2645 Jan 24, 2021

I am pleased to report it all worked out well for me, I am now the proud owner of the GM.

Took a few attempts to get the right fit (removed s link, re added an hour later) and now it fits well. I might in time get the leather strap and deployant. But for now I am one very satisfied owner.

IMG_20210122_130330.jpg