Forums Latest Members
  1. Rusty1111 Feb 5, 2016

Hi all,

I have been having a serious think about investing in a Speedmaster... And have stumbled across the watch shown below... The first thing that drew my attention was the rice bead bracelet (I am a bit of a sucker for them!), but would a Speedmaster come with a rice bead strap as standard?

upload_2016-2-5_9-46-31.png

I really like the white face as I feel that large black dials are a little heavy looking..

upload_2016-2-5_9-53-47.png
    (Sorry that it is blurry!!)

upload_2016-2-5_9-54-26.png

I haven't got any images of the movement etc... I will try and get some as without those it could be anything inside!!

It doesn't have a box or the Omega cards.. is this something to steer clear of? What would be a good price for the watch given its condition and lack of paperwork?

Thanks in advance!
    And sorry for being very new to all this.

Rusty

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 5, 2016

Serial number appears to be 56631467, and if so that is a Ref. 38133021. That watch came on a black strap with a deployant buckle. Although there are lots of different variables when it comes to these watches (lots of models made) I don't recall any coming on a beads of rice bracelet.

The Cal. 1152 inside is based on the ETA 7750, and is a very reliable and robust movement. These can be very good watches if they are in good condition. With the lack of papers and box, wrong bracelet, I would be looking to get this fairly cheap, in particular if you don't know the service history of the watch. I would count on getting a service done, and that won't be inexpensive.

Cheers, Al

3. WatchVaultNYC Feb 5, 2016

Never seen these on a black strap, interesting. They're much more common in bracelet (3513.30)

[​IMG]

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 5, 2016

Not having seen one doesn't mean they don't exist of course. If I search on watches that use the Cal. 1152, there are 165 variants of the Speedmaster Day/Date that come up...when I say there are a lot of these models made, I mean a lot...

That doesn't include the Cal. 1151 models obviously.

5. Rusty1111 Feb 9, 2016

Thank you so much for your insight gents!! I am still very new to all the ins and outs of the details of checking if an Omega is genuine and original. Its awesome having such a wealth of knowledge and people wanting to help on this website!!

The guy is asking for 1200EUR, but is open to offers... I am assuming this would be expensive given the no papers / box and with a non original bracelet etc?... perhaps I will hold fire for one a little more complete (though I do really like this style!)

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 9, 2016

A lot of these models come up in Japan for some reason. Have a dealer in Australia that gets a few every now and then and all are from the Japanese used market. Worth taking a look on some Japanese sites.

The one your looking at is worth it if you can knock him down $100-200 or more. Box and papers are not really essential.