Forums Latest Members
  1. repoman Sep 30, 2014

My current grail is a Speediorite. Whenever I'm traveling I will stop by local shops to look around, because you never know. Well, after telling a sales person at a store in SanFran that I'm always on the lookout for the Speediorite, she located a NOS piece at a another location and has it coming in overnight. One potential glitch, the presentation box is still being located. I imagine it would be harder to find a box separately than it has been to find the watch...but the price is really outstanding, so we will see. Stay tuned, I should know in 24 hours

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

As a Speediorite fan myself I would cross my finger for you and say: Welcome to the club!!!
    24 WRUW Speedy metorite HR1 (1024x657).jpg

Dogmann likes this.
  3. repoman Sep 30, 2014

What do you guys think about the prospect of no box? For me, it would be an annoyance, but it wouldn't detract from my enjoyment of the watch, especially when its on my wrist. I don't envision ever selling it, so I'm not that concerned about resale. My premoon Speedy has no box, and I don't care one lick...but, that speediorite box is no ordinary presentation box, its really sweet, and it would sting a bit not to have it.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

If you don't plan to sell it, box will have low value except if you want to take picture on it.
    I almost lost mine. Buy in UK during vacation, brought the watch with me but send the box via mail. It took 5 months to arrive in my home. I believe there is customs and shipping issues in between which I didn't understand and care.
    Bottomline: enjoy the watch.

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

Usually AD will give you 'no box credit' before the box arrived. It could be between USD 500-700, payable when the box has arrived.

citizenrich likes this.
  6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 1, 2014

box and papers makes a huge difference on Rolex. It doesn't seem as important for other watches.

lolzzz i get somad at myself because I chucked the boxes for my first (3) Rolex watches. I didn't lose or misplace them; I consciously tossed it all in the garbage. "honey, can I get rid of some of this clutter…you don't need all this stuff, do you…yeah, I guess you can throw it away, the warranty is long over". Ugh. It's not nearly the end of the world but I take dumbass to never explored places...

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 1, 2014

Unfortunately for Limited Edition Speedy pro it is the case. Speedy pro Apollo XI panda dial with complete Box & papers sold for USD 4200-4400, while without Box and Papers just sold for USD 3500 in eBay. So about 20-30% difference.

citizenrich likes this.
  8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 1, 2014

you're right on point about limited editions for any manufacturer. I was just trying to make a broad point that it in my experience, box and papers are super important to a buyer of a used Rolex. Especially for noobs...they want the full experience with a discount :)

Once again: I'm just being a little self loathing and passive aggressive...

Privateday7 likes this.
  9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 1, 2014

Great watch!! Boxes come up on eBay regular, even signed ones by the astronauts themselves! Personally I wouldn't buy it as the box forms part of the LE!

If it does not have the certificate you can actually get one by asking the AD nicely. If they say it's not possible they are telling porkies! Box can be bought from Omega too!

10. pascs Oct 1, 2014

The boxes do come up for sale occasionally on ebay............. or at least I've seen one for sale a few months back when I was looking for a FOIS box.

I'm not particularly interested in the boxes but they do add something extra to the watches value for future resale or investment and I would always seek one out for a limited edition model.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 1, 2014

If you have all the papers and cards, you can replace the box with the Omega wood presentation box. A lot of dealers sold the watch with that box anyway as a bonus perk for favored buyers. The dealers had to buy these boxes separately from Omega. My 35th Apollo came that way (tried to get the dealer to locate the box, he could not find it)

$(KGrHqNHJCcFCdYIsPe-BQpp3dcK4g~~60_57.JPG Omega box.jpg

12. pascs Oct 1, 2014

Yeah the wooden boxes are very nice to have and regularly for sale on ebay but I would say a LE should have its original LE box.

That pic of the wooden box and SM300 looks vaguely familiar :p

citizenrich and DLT222 like this.
  13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 1, 2014

Like it do you :D?
    Too be sure. I wanted the Apollo 11 box as well, but when it's not there, it's not there. I have been still searching for near on 4 years.

14. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 1, 2014

One will come up when you least expect it but damn you will have to be quick!!

15. repoman Oct 1, 2014

Grail quest complete uploadfromtaptalk1412204225591.jpg

16. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 1, 2014

Im sorry Repoman....

That dial is way worthy of a better picture than that... get the watch out in to the sunlight and watch it sparkle!!

Congrats!!!

repoman likes this.
  17. repoman Oct 1, 2014

Sorry, end of a long day, sitting on the BART, admiring my score, the best I could muster with my crappy android phone. Proper pics will come later.

18. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 1, 2014

Big Congratz !!!!
    Speediorite is my first have to go Grail.

repoman likes this.