Forums Latest Members

potential buy. Please shine your light on this piece

1. goedie Feb 17, 2015

Nevermind my neverminding.

Perhaps you guys are right :)

Here it is again.

My question was: how much is this all original 26x26mm omega from 1911 approximately worth :)

image.jpg

thanks for the posting opportunity.

Edited Feb 18, 2015
  2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 17, 2015

Unless I'm way off, I believe the diminutive size and vintage, as well as the metal, make this piece undesirable to most, thereby affecting the value. I wouldn't expect it to garner much interest in an auction. Maybe €200?
    The plating is wearing thin (and the base metal underneath is very unattractive). The size is very small by today's standards (and small by 50's-60's standards for that matter). And, as a watch built when it was, it lacks shock-resistance found in later wrist watches. It is essentially a small pocket watch adapted for wear on the wrist.
    Pay what you and the seller think is fair. But if you decide to sell it down the road, don't expect much interest or euros.
    Please note this is my opinion only, and I cannot speak for those who have an interest (and greater knowledge) in this type of watch. Stay tuned for (hopefully) more feedback!

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 17, 2015

Wish your post had interrupted my typing. Oh well...

4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Feb 18, 2015

It might just be my personal opinion, but I think it is bad form to edit your post in the way you have to remove the original detail. By all means follow up to say "Nevermind" but to overwrite the original post means this is essentially useless to the wider community.

5. goedie Feb 18, 2015

You guys are right.

Sorry :) here it is again