Forums Latest Members

Potential buy on eBay? Help needed.

1. llvhhui Oct 20, 2018

So I was browsing eBay the other day and saw this Bond SMP300. Everything looks fine to me but what do I know I'm just a rookie. Plus I'm skeptical about buying watches on eBay. But I've always wanted a Brosnan version SMP. What do you guys think of this one and the seller? A go or no-go?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seam...m-Blue-Dial-Bond-Auto-Mens-Watch/173590516433Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Kbjohn likes this.
  2. shishy www.hpmor.com Oct 20, 2018

Pretty sure I recognize the name exelonman from other forums (WUS, reddit, if same ones.). Seller seems ok. If you need peace of mind, could ask him to DM you on another platform to confirm identity.

3. Blaise Oct 21, 2018

I can't comment on the seller but the watch is climbing up in price. So far it's still a good buy at 1.5k€ (1.7$) but there are 4 days to go. Once it hits the 2k€ mark it's not that great of a deal anymore. Surely he has all the papers box etc but I think for 2.1-2.2 you can find deals like that laying around. I could be totally wrong though but these are my observations.

4. RMA Oct 21, 2018

Looks all legit & advertised serviced by Omega too. They seem to sell at around $2400 & up for complete sets so even if you win at 2k 2200 that’s still a fair deal IMO.

5. llvhhui Oct 21, 2018

But how do I know if the service paper is legit? Looks like it’s just a plain A4 paper. I mean anyone can print out a copy with an Omega letterhead.

6. llvhhui Oct 21, 2018

Seller seems to be well established on WUS forum. But how he has unlimited supply of SMP 300 is beyond me.

7. lcolors1 Oct 21, 2018

8. Hijak Oct 21, 2018

Don’t know value on these but it look like it’s in nice condition. To reduce your concerns I’d ask for a picture of the watch serial # (stamped on back of watch) and of the service receipt. This should prove service was for watch being sold.

9. lcolors1 Oct 21, 2018

Nice watch for sure, especially that it was just serviced and in the pic the old Bezel is there

10. Baco Noir Oct 21, 2018

He’s been selling for many years. I assume he works with a local watchmaker as most of the watches he sells have been recently serviced. It’s worth asking if the service warranty is transferable.

EDIT just saw he said this was serviced by Omega. Ask if the service paperwork comes with the sale.

11. nurseford25 Oct 22, 2018

I purchased mine from him about two years ago. Very happy with it. I had archer verify the serial number for me which confirmed that it was a legitimate 2531.80 and not cobbled together from other Seamaster 300’s. I ended up purchaseing a bracelet from him as well and was happy as it looked even better than it did in his sales listing. He sells on watchuseek quite regularly so just message him and I’m sure he would answer all of your questions.
    85B1E41C-E41B-4AE0-914B-4BE99FF19A84.jpeg

RMA likes this.
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 22, 2018

I've serviced a few watches sold by this seller, and those that were presumably done by his normal watchmaker were not serviced well in my opinion. They had enough issues that that ended up on my bench not long after they were bought, so I would want something that specifically ties the watch you are buying to the service paperwork from Omega before I would buy.

In addition, a number of watches that I either had in the shop or have been asked about were not what they were being sold as. For example bezels from one model being put on a different model, and the modded watch being sold as a model that the serial number didn't match up to. I know that at least in one case the buyer went back to this seller who payed for the correct bezel to be put on the watch, so he stepped up, but he has sold watches that were not what they were advertised as in the past. No idea if he knew about the problems or not though.

That said he seems to have a good reputation on many forums, but then how many people bother to check these things I can't say...

Cheers, Al

COYI likes this.
  13. llvhhui Oct 22, 2018

What does a legit Omega service receipt look like? He does claim the watch was serviced by Omega. In the picture it looks like it’s just a plain A4 paper. I mean anyone can print out a copy with an Omega letterhead.

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 22, 2018

This isn't rocket science - get him to send you an image of the service paperwork, and a photo of the watch showing the same serial number that's on the paperwork as @Hijak has already suggested. Then call Omega and ask them to verify that watch was actually serviced by them.

15. llvhhui Oct 30, 2018

So I contacted Omega and provided watch serial. Omega verified that it was indeed serviced at their service center. The service number actually matches. However when I bought the watch, non of the serial on box, original warranty and box matches the serial on the watch. The only serial that matches are the ones on the service card and service receipt. So basically service paper seems legit but everything else isn't. Is that a red flag?

16. bloomy Oct 30, 2018

I would guess he is getting them from Japan if I had to.

17. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 30, 2018

Sounds like he is selling with fake/ incorrect 'box and papers' in order to raise the value.

18. llvhhui Oct 30, 2018

Pretty much. Might as well say "no box no paper". Should I be concerned?

19. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 30, 2018

It tells you a bit about his honesty/ integrity...
    Whatever you do, don't pay any extra for 'having box and papers'

20. llvhhui Oct 30, 2018

Seller did offer to refund me 200 for "box and paper". Is that a resealable offer value for box and paper or should I just return the whole thing?