Forums Latest Members
  1. cristos71 Jan 8, 2018

Does anybody have any experience receiving something that was sent via Poste Italiane? I have something coming to me here in NL but their tracking system has not shown any updates since it first hit their system 1 week ago....

After all the horror stories about the Italian postal system I'm curious as to how long an inter European package normally takes to arrive?

2. neilfrancis Jan 8, 2018

I sent a watch from UK to Italy recently. Like you, no updates for days and days. But it did get there in 2 weeks.

3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jan 8, 2018

I have a part (hopefully) coming via Poste Italiane

Package submitted 12/23
    Arrived in New York 1/7

4. demollo Jan 8, 2018

From my experience when using national carriers it is quite normal that the package tracking system is not updated frequently. I once sent a package and it was MIA for 3,5 weeks (got a bit worried) but then it did appear in US and was delivered with no issues. Be patient :)

5. dragoman Jan 8, 2018

I have had several parcels sent to me from Italy and all of them eventually reached me. They usually take longer than parcels from France or Germany, but their tracking is very detailed, up to Borromeo, Milano, which is where the parcels leave Italy.

Then, it is up to the receiving country postal system.

The strangest thing that has happened to me was a parcel that took almost three months to go from Sicily to my place. The first week the parcel made it to Madrid (Spain), where it disappeared for two weeks, to appear back at Milano, where it went missing for four weeks, reappeared at Madrid, apparently went back from Madrid to the sender, where it finally disappeared from the tracking system, and when I was going to ask for a refund, the postman rang at the door, and there it was the parcel, without the tracking system showing anything.

During the whole experience I talked several times with the Spanish post office, who could not explain the back and forth shipments from Madrid to Italy, and with the sender, who was not exactly happy about the whole situation, and was not very forthcoming about what he did (if something) to solve the problem.

That was how I learned not to obsess myself with the tracking thing. It is mostly useless, at least in Spain.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  6. lillatroll Jan 8, 2018

I have bought two watches sent from Italy both took about 2 weeks to arrive, can t remember if the tracking worked or not but got both watches safe and sound.

7. cristos71 Jan 8, 2018

Thanks guys,

Looks like I can expect something of a wait of between 2 weeks and 3 months with an unreliable and intermittent tracking system to help me through the process....

...breathes in...breathes out slowly...breathes in...breathes out slowly...............

8. ConElPueblo Jan 8, 2018

I currently have a parcel incoming from Sweden. The tracking updates are all over the place... I've learned to not bother about tracking and if I get the opportunity to save a few quid by option out of it I won't use it as it, in my experience, only works as it should in about 2/3 of the time.

dragoman likes this.
  9. jakeh417 Jan 8, 2018

I had one from Italy, it had tracking, Italian post registers on their website as having accepted the item. No updates for 3 weeks. I even checked USPS website, as they will register it as soon as it hits the US. Nothing. Then on the 5th week, I see update at the NY port. Couple days to go out West distribution center, then couple days to my house.

10. cristos71 Jan 8, 2018

:eek:

11. jimmyjay Jan 8, 2018

I have had the same experience. Package tracked to Borromeo, Milano. Then nothing for two weeks. Then just shows up.

12. TMas Jan 8, 2018

They have a reputation for sure. UPS is the way to go in or out of there. I’ve used Poste Italiane services one time and wouldn’t again with anything of value.

13. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jan 8, 2018

On the plus side, most packages from Italy, via their Posteitaliane generally show ..........eventually.
    On the minus side, occasionally you open up your package and find that your SM300 165024 has morphed into 3 used italian AAA batteries. Thanks to PayPal buyer protection, I didn’t lose a penny.

E263EC37-2D5A-405F-AA0F-DE3C03A44E19.jpeg E663102E-181B-441D-B7C8-C414B10D7148.jpeg

14. jakeh417 Jan 8, 2018

Yea couple emails with the seller, who assured me multiple times it's normal and if it there were no updates after the 6th week he would talk to the Italian Post office.

15. BenBagbag Jan 8, 2018

Why, did the batteries not work?

:p

MaiLollo and gemini4 like this.
  16. bubba48 Jan 8, 2018

Over 350 items shipped from or to Italy and I never had a problem.
    During this holiday season, a slowdown in the sorting of correspondence is "normal".
    As for loss or theft, I think the statistics are similar in all countries.

dragoman and ConElPueblo like this.
  17. cristos71 Jan 9, 2018

Ouch!!

First tracking update in 7 days, my package has moved from Padua to Milan.....a grand total of 150km , at this rate I'd be better off walking there to pick it up myself in person :thumbsdown:

18. DG GW Jan 9, 2018

I has been 20 days but only took 2 days to get to the US. I think they want me to pay a lot of Tariffs/Taxes on it. It is venetian Seamaster limited edition "Edizione Venezia" Here is a stock photo since I do not have the watch
    zoom-caseback-511-53-40-20-02-001.png
    51153402002001-20-large.jpg 51153402002001-30-large.jpg
    Italy-Seamaster.jpg

19. demollo Jan 9, 2018

@DG GW Have you been contacted by FedEx ? DO you know if seller provided a watch form in the documents ? If I were you I would contact FedEx.

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 9, 2018

@DG GW and @cristos71 Worked in a international parcel centre for a few years in Sydney and Christmas actually starts on the 1st of December and ends half way through Febuary ( add to that customs officials holidays and days off for Christmas new year ) postal workers were still processing parcels with Christmas presents up to March. Also once they opened the parcel if needed they had to unwrap the presents before they could be looked at by government officials.

@DG GW you need to contact FedEx and supply a way of paying duty before anything happens by the looks of your screenshot.

ITS COMING GUYS
    image.jpeg

gemini4 likes this.