Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 29, 2015

Learning from the master... and maybe mine will grow...?

Oh...

Edited Jun 29, 2015
    ConElPueblo likes this.
  2. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 29, 2015

My...

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 29, 2015

FU::censored::ING...

4. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 29, 2015

GAWD... I have already reached...

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 29, 2015

Post number 1000.

I would like to start off with a big thank you to the founders and moderators of this site. You all, together with some contributors, have improved my knowledge, my watch-life - and even saved me from abandoning the internet side of watches completely. I have been in this hobby for a while now and I have seen the rise and fall of some sites. It often comes down to the moderators/owners loosing the humor, giving up on individuality and last but not least – they end up letting personal gain come first. For me OF stands for a perfect mix of integrity, humor and unselfish sharing of knowledge. Some of the moderators are seriously sick guys. The Alfred E Neumans of the watch world. Sometimes it is hard to tell if they are the trolls or if they are hunting them. They are dead serious BS-detectors and very knowledgeable about watches - at the same time as they are fooling around. And I love it. The Alfred E Neuman approach combined with knowledge and integrity - that sets the tone and the culture of OF in my opinion. That makes this site stand out.

It was LouS who lured me here and I am forever grateful. I think he had some idea of me being able to contribute to the UG side of the forum. Bummer.

I am at about 60 watches now and still lusting for more. There are cheap watches in my collection and there are those that are not. I have never bought a watch as an investment and never a watch I do not intend to use. I had already gone thru Desmonds eminent guide to Constellations when I got here but I really started to hunt for Connies pushed on by all you members input and pictures. Thru this site I have since also found a love for early Seamaster bumbers and for that I am thankful. They are beautiful and still available at a reasonable cost. There are some Omegas though that, in my opinion, does not get enough attention. Those that come to mind are the Memomatic and the Flightmaster. I do understand that their chunkiness and bright colors does not appeal to everyone but the Memomatic has a movement that is still unsurpassed in function and I will take a Flightmaster over a Speedmaster any day. Flightmasters are just so much more - and unusual in comparison - and still have a space history. One day you are all going to regret not getting one in time… As I am regretting not buying an early Speedmaster in time… (sulking… no…more of sobbing actually)

I have noticed, with great pleasure, that the odder brands/low profile brands do get attention here and that makes all the difference to me. The Lemanias, the Enicars, Seikos and Eternas among others. And there are special sections for three of my other favorites – Universal, Zenith and Longines. In my mind this is proof of this site being inhabited by real watch lovers and makes for a much nicer place than total fanboy country.

What have I done in my 1000 posts then? Mostly nothing. Posting in the WRUW thread trying to get people to like me (or maybe my watches). Sometimes I might have had my moments and written something that was of interest to others but compared to the real contributors my part is meager at the most. I have been awarded a byline here – a first for me on any site. Even if the enforcing was done in my youth - and I am really happy no one here has asked me to “pay someone a visit”- it was nice to get a byline at last. The only thing I honestly can be proud of is flying the diversity of brands flag. Which is kind of ironic being written in a salutation post for a site with one of the world’s most recognized watch brands in its name… That might be my contribution here though – helping in keeping the balance.

I have gotten to know some people thru this site that I would like to meet in real life and that is truly a wonderful feeling – even if we never actually do.

Thanks OF – founders, moderators and members. And in line with being the enforcer – “…go ahead, make my day…” *

*While not from the film The Enforcer but from Sudden Impact – same character though.

Some watches of mine - just to make this post a little more pleasing to the eye.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Taddyangle, x3no, ChrisN and 42 others like this.
  6. Tritium Jun 29, 2015

Nice writte up. Agree with you in everything.
    Thank you for sharing all your beautiful watches!

styggpyggeno1 likes this.
  7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 29, 2015

One thing I have noticed, all your watches are in stellar condition. Awesome collection from what I have seen on WRUW. Love your Omega Grand.

Spacefruit and styggpyggeno1 like this.
  8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 29, 2015

Excellent 1000th post!

I always enjoy seeing watches from your collection posted here on OF, and this thread is no exception.

Looking forward to more.

9. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jun 29, 2015

Like your watches, your vintage road bikes are amazing.

Happy 1,000th!

:thumbsup:

10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 29, 2015

What a great message, and a great collection of watches you have! Congrats!

11. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 29, 2015

I'll always remember the boat!

We are definitely grateful to have you here with us, can't wait to see your next 1000 posts!

(dibs on the JLC)

12. marturx Jun 30, 2015

Really well done JE. No doubt you're a great contributor here, as you have been on other sites aswell. Over the years I've read quite a few of your well researched, informative and elegantly formulated posts. Thank you for that! It makes me proud to have you as a fellow countryman :)

Make it another 1000 posts in the same manner, will you :thumbsup:

13. Geo! Jun 30, 2015

I really enjoyed reding that, and what a truly gorgeous collection of watches, thank you for sharing! :)

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 30, 2015

Welcome to the 1000s club. Been great looking at your watches over the years and always enjoy your input and help over time.

Our weasel foray was one of the funniest nights online

https://omegaforums.net/threads/freeee-free-at-last.20658/
    Still don't know how you ended up with OF enforcer and I ended up with my woffels byline after you started WOF.

As said above great to have you here...

15. Kimmo Jun 30, 2015

Congrats on the 1000th post!

Great words and nice watches!

And what a hilarious thread on the weasel foray... Made me crack up and update my avatar :)

My childhood home town hockey team...

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 30, 2015

I think Andy summed up my thoughts, so it's just congratulations for staying the journey and being a good bloke.

I'd only ask that you buy another boat and show us you and the family enjoying it in your beautiful country :D

17. Apa Jun 30, 2015

Not just the watches, i mean those photos....awesome

18. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 30, 2015

Thank you for all the kind words. Now I hunt for the next milestone - beating Upackmucus post count... ::stirthepot::;):)

19. watchcollect Jun 30, 2015

That's probably an auto correct but....it's AMAZING
    Upackmucus! Ha! Love it[emoji482]

Geo! likes this.
  20. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 30, 2015

Oh no - it is not. It is my own invention.

cicindela and watchcollect like this.