Forums Latest Members
  1. sable428 May 7, 2017

So, there's this website that I'm thinking of purchasing a De Ville on, its listed at 995, and it only says "Omega De Ville 1960s" with this being its only description:

"This 34mm. automatic winding 1960’s OMEGA De Ville is about as clean as you will find. The dial and hands are original and near perfect. The OMEGA movement was just cleaned and is accurate. The gold capped case with steel back gleams and is without any major flaws. These watches are sleek, highly reliable and great looking on the wrist. You can wear this watch daily. Just $995."

This is the only picture of the watch that the person has, which seems strange compared to most of his other watches which are more detailed (has inside movement pictures, the inside of the cases, etc). And the simple fact that there isn't a stamp on the back makes me a bit concerned.

I need some help identifying whether or not this is an authentic Omega, and how I can go about finding out from this guy. And if this is authentic, is 995 a good price to pay for it? Thanks for the help guys.

gDevilleb.jpg
    Edited May 7, 2017
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 7, 2017

Genuine but over polished and overpriced by about two times.

PASS

Garv likes this.
  3. sable428 May 7, 2017

do you know what year and possible make/model this is? and how much they roughly are, cause I would like to find something very similar to it with the appropriate price. And thanks for the help!

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 7, 2017

Mid to late 1960s.

Price depends on condition, $350-$550 US for a straight DE VILLE like this.

5. sable428 May 7, 2017

Awesome, I really appreciate your help man!