Forums Latest Members
  1. BobXX Oct 13, 2016

Watch out for the seller of this SpeedmasterPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network.

It's a new account that's had its feedback padded with a bunch of recent cheap (<$1) purchases.

He also had a different Speedy listed, which he ended early.

My guess is that he agrees to sell the watch outside of eBay to one or more buyer, and then keeps their (unprotected) money.

Maganator and zimmerit5 like this.
  2. uwsearch Oct 13, 2016

That was my guess too... pictures look the same as used by a peruvian scammer

3. alam Oct 13, 2016

I think seeing those same pictures before..

4. cvrle1 Oct 13, 2016

Reverse image search didnt find any matches for me, not that it means much and shows that it's not a scam.

5. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Oct 13, 2016

1st time seller. 101 feedback in one month... Yeah right!

6. repoman Oct 13, 2016

way less than one month, account opened on Oct 2 2016.

Stay away.

7. trs Oct 13, 2016

I see the recent purchases - wondering how you see that the purchases are <$1?
    Would be goo for reference (regardless, I am staying away from this)

wsfarrell likes this.
  8. Clibka Oct 14, 2016

What bothers me the most is that in my daily eBay sniffer emails this watch was marketed to me as "100% positive feedback." I understand that mere technology is to blame, but their shameless promotion is culpable in a scam (most likely involving a novice that cannot spot fakes with the astute eyes of ΩF) that inflates the price and will cost someone quite the headache. They should have safeguards in place and not include in their marketing: accounts with (insert which ever vetting you prefer).

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. BobXX Oct 14, 2016

Just take a look at the items each of the sellers have listed. Lots of inexpensive junk.

My guess is that each of those sellers also automatically leave positive feedback immediately after each purchase.

zimmerit5 likes this.
  10. Neek U-neek. Get it? Oct 14, 2016

Very suspicious to me as well.

11. trs Oct 14, 2016

Ahh I see - so you can't see a specific item that this person purchased, but we can have some sense from looking at what items the sellers are selling from which that person bought. Thanks !
    It's too bad eBay doesn't have an alternative star system that is based upon dollars spent/sold.

zimmerit5 likes this.