Forums Latest Members
  1. JBP Oct 18, 2015

Edit:

I finally managed to get it open. Inside was the reference 2317/14 and a handsome looking(although a bit dirty) cal 30T2PC. Serial should date it to mid 1940's.

image1.JPG

Original Post:

Finally I have joined this wonderful community and this is my first post.

I bought this 1940s? Omega from a small shop in Portugal and would love some info on it.
    The stamp on the left lug(Portuguese import mark) was the thing the first caught my eye and my initial thought of it having the 30t2 movement. Unfortunately I haven't been able to open the case back so I can't really say much more.
    The case is 35mm ex crown.

The seconds hand appears to have been changed and the dial is possibly repainted, although it would have to have been done some time ago as the dial shows quite a few signs of ageing.

Also The right lug has a brass/golden colour which is usually seen when plated watches are over polished. To my knowledge Omega cases are usually stay brite and not chromed brass?

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-1.jpg

2.jpg

image1.JPG

Thank you!

Edited Oct 18, 2015
  2. JBP Oct 18, 2015

No info on this?

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 18, 2015

Looks like an old repair to me, although there were chromed cases made as well.

JBP likes this.
  4. JBP Oct 18, 2015

Thank you. That was my thought too, but I'd not seen brass being used as a repair on steel.
    Any thoughts on the dial?