Forums Latest Members

porsche design iwc compass watch

1. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 3, 2015

Hey gang,

I had a hankering for something different from the speedies that I usually play with, so I picked up an IWC made Porsche Design compass watch, ref 3510. Got it for a steal as far as I'm concerned.. it's kinda cool, extremely light as much of it is made of plastic.

It's 39mm, sapphire crystal and has a compartment that houses a compass... not a great one, but it works. While researching, I found that the links in the bracelet are each exactly 5mm and can be used to measure distance on a map. Neat.

It houses an IWC Cal 375 which is an ETA 2892. It beats at 28,800 and as you can see, displays a simple 3 hand time with date indicator.

This one is the lowly black version. It also comes in olive green and titanium. I'd love to have the titanium version, but not for the money people want for them. Even the green one is like 5-6x what the black one costs. There's also a black one with moon phase. This one has some nicely aged Tritium on the hour markers which are a nice yellowy colour.

Here's a link to a WUS thread with pictures of all of them.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f350/porsche-design-compass-watches-869763.html

For the price I paid, I'm happy. It will make a good camping beater.

Thanks for reading!

IMG_20151203_133431.jpg IMG_20151203_134620.jpg IMG_20151203_134914.jpg IMG_20151203_134956.jpg

2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 3, 2015

That's a really cool watch! The measuring link feature is fascinating. Thanks for sharing your find :)

oddboy likes this.
  3. 2tone61 Dec 30, 2015

when i was in auckland NZ some years ago i walked past a high end jewellers , Mansours I think, who had a display of IWC PDs
    i was intrigued by the compass watch so strolled in for a look and touch. It was the titanium version and on my wrist i happened to be wearing my IWC PD ocean 2000. the shop also had one in the window and the jeweller said mine was the first he had seen outside the shop.
    i really liked the chat i had about the compass watch , but alas funds didn't stretch far enough at the time