Forums Latest Members

Pop Quiz - did I just find gold?

1. jimmyd13 Jun 9, 2018

Out of my comfort zone with this one.

I was going through some bits last night looking for a crown when I turned over this one. I knew I had it. I was keeping it for something appropriate but then a vague lightbulb came on in the back of my mind. Despite searching for images and information online, I'm drawing a bit of a blank. So.... how good is the collective here?

This is not in the best shape but nothing a half decent watchmaker couldn't bring back to life and re-use. The question is, am I right and this is correct for a 6202 Turn-o-Graph? If not, what does it suit?

IMAG1756.jpg IMAG1758.jpg

It's really hard to get an auto to focus on the crown but it is pretty crisp. Brevet (cross) is clearly visible; measures 5.95mm across on my verniers and 2.94mm deep (though that's tough to measure due to the curvature).

Welcome all comments.

GuiltyBoomerang and padders like this.
  2. jimmyd13 Jun 11, 2018

Any Rolex aficionados who were busy doing other things over the weekend know the answer to this?

3. TwistedVicar Jun 11, 2018

I think the the 6202 had a flat line and not the brevet.

6200 6205 references adorned the cross.

jimmyd13 likes this.
  4. jimmyd13 Jun 11, 2018

Sweet!

A quick search against that reference finds an eBay ad for just that crown: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLEX-SU...VINTAGE-CROSS-CROWN-100-GENUINE-/312129909391Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

If anyone needs a replacement just drop me a line. It will be a damn sight less than $1500 because I doubt I'll be adding a 6205 to the collection any time soon.

marco likes this.