Poor man's 321 Speedmaster Canopus Gold; Modded 3594.50

Greetings all! I don't post much here but decided to share what I did to my 3594.50 1957 Broad Arrow Replica. Mods are the following:

1. Genuine white tension ring 31.6mm
2. Genuine Apollo 11 Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Bracelet
3. Exhibition caseback from eBay

I love this watch more than any others I have in my collection. The prices of this specific piece have gone up significantly over the last decade but still priced fairly low. Now for pictures! Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask me questions. Huge shout out to Archer as usual for his technical guidance!

H72oHzN.jpg
W3BQygT.jpg
iUXeXzS.jpg
6WV99RY.jpg
01Cg7xq.jpg
lprdw0s.jpg
ySPqOfZ.jpg
qwteMCQ.jpg

This is one of my favorite references and I love what you've done with it. Thanks for sharing the excellent pictures!

This is one of my favorite references and I love what you've done with it. Thanks for sharing the excellent pictures!
No problem! Thank you for your comment!

What modifications did you do to the bracelet's end links, if any? Thinner spring bars?

Looks good but there are usually issues trying to get the A11 bracelet to fit an 1861 case.

What modifications did you do to the bracelet's end links, if any? Thinner spring bars?

Looks good but there are usually issues trying to get the A11 bracelet to fit an 1861 case.

No modifications other than using OEM 1.5mm spring bars. =)

Or maybe it was 1.6. My AD already knew I needed thinner spring bars and provided them to me at purchase.

That looks great! I have the super poor man's version of this - 3594 with a forstner flat link 😁

Is it just me, or is the 3594 getting popular all the sudden?

That looks great! I have the super poor man's version of this - 3594 with a forstner flat link 😁

Is it just me, or is the 3594 getting popular all the sudden?
Real fans knew about this reference years ago! However, it recently got popular after releases of the Trilogy and 321 Canopus Gold. It is hard to find one of these as full set, unpolished, and clean dial/hands. =)

Real fans knew about this reference years ago! However, it recently got popular after releases of the Trilogy and 321 Canopus Gold. It is hard to find one of these as full set, unpolished, and clean dial/hands. =)

I feel like this reference was a little divisive with some people decrying it an 'in-house franken', but I love the lyre lugs, steel bezel, and broad arrow hands. Sort of a combo of fun design features from different speedmaster eras. I'm glad I got one before the prices started climbing recently.

Not too dissimilar: took a 1171 bracelet and re-finished the tops. Then changed the stock, uncomfortable case back to a smoother variety: